Anyone else had luggage disappear on Costa?

dyslexic pirate

We had luggage that was delivered to the pier it disappeared. Have filed police report, declaration on board and homeowners insurance report.

Am getting the run around from Costa. Our insurance is on top of everything but we haven't had any compensation yet.

We weren't jerks about the lost luggage and just accepted it as part of the adventure of travel. I hope the fact that we've been easy going doesn't work against us.

Anyone else lose luggage with Costa? This was on the Mediterrania. BTW the last time we saw the luggage it was in the porters hands being loaded into the metal things to be transported onto the ship.

The Med is great! It is a pretty ship and has it's own character and feel. If you are not in a suite get a mattress topper at the first chance you get. Our room steward was not available until 3pm the day we boarded so I left him a message and made sure I was around at that time so I could request a topper before they were all spoken for.

My TA was on board the ship with us. After the first night, because of our luggage fiasco, she had the ship bump us to a suite. I almost yanked the topper off our original bed to lug up to the suite but our new maid said we didn't need it because the suites all had the better mattresses to start with.

The luggage never had a chance to sit outside our room. We were watching for luggage as it was arriving off the elevators. We had two pieces that made it but the rest we never saw again. After all the luggage had been delivered we canvased the ship but never found ours. (walked the entire ship again on the last night at 2am - no missing bags spotted) A Broward County Sherriff's Deputy said it is a dirty little cruise ship secret that when someone on the pier steals luggage they will take all the bags with the same cabin number as there is a better chance of getting valuables. The two bags that we did get had stickers on them to another cabin we'd booked for our older kids.

Archived