Shuttle from Venice…if you booked your hotel….

gwilli

I’ve been on the phone with Azamara about the shuttle from Venice to Ravenna.  Arriving the day before, we have booked a hotel near the airport thinking that there would be changes to the Venice departure.  Now after waiting over two hours on hold to find out that we can not return to the airport to catch the shuttle to Ravenna.  Security reasons.  We have to find our way to the Tronchetto train station on Venice to catch it.  They didn’t have another stop on the mainland.  Poor planning.  Hope others see this since we filled out the form on time and submitted it, didn’t get an answer so looked into it.  Also, if they haven’t gotten back to you, you probably should look into it.  
Cheers

We’re getting the shuttle from Ravenna to Venice as we have 3 nights in Venice post cruise. We’ve been told that we will be dropped at Tronchetto bus terminal and we can get the people mover from there to Piazzale Roma. 

30 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

We’re getting the shuttle from Ravenna to Venice as we have 3 nights in Venice post cruise. We’ve been told that we will be dropped at Tronchetto bus terminal and we can get the people mover from there to Piazzale Roma. 

We are on the same cruise as you.  We never received any confirmation of our requested transfer.  Assuming we will be told on board.

1 hour ago, gwilli said:

I’ve been on the phone with Azamara about the shuttle from Venice to Ravenna.  Arriving the day before, we have booked a hotel near the airport thinking that there would be changes to the Venice departure.  Now after waiting over two hours on hold to find out that we can not return to the airport to catch the shuttle to Ravenna.  Security reasons.  We have to find our way to the Tronchetto train station on Venice to catch it.  They didn’t have another stop on the mainland.  Poor planning.  Hope others see this since we filled out the form on time and submitted it, didn’t get an answer so looked into it.  Also, if they haven’t gotten back to you, you probably should look into it.  
Cheers

Thanks for sharing Gwilli.

I think we are on the same cruise June 18th. Like you we are staying the night before, and it was my intention to head back to Marco Polo airport for either the 12:00 or 13:00 bus to Ravenna.

I cannot work out what the security reasons could be. I have declared our flight arrives at 11:20.

If we were in arrivals with our tickets what reason could they have for turning us away, unless they check our flight tickets!

I have already filled in the declaration to Azamara and have heard nothing back to date.

I'm going to ring Az next week, I defiantly can't hang on wait for 2 hours though.

• Like 1

I suspect that "officially" the airport can't be used as a bus meeting area for non-arriving passengers, hence the Tronchetto alternative.  I also suspect that if you just showed up at the airport, they'd put you on the bus anyway, but I can understand wanting things in black and white.  

There are local bus routes that would take you to Plaza Roma in Venice, and then the "People Mover" that can take you over to Tronchetto for probably 4 euro pp total, or just take a taxi to Tronchetto from your hotel.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this information gwilli. We are also staying near Venice airport supposedly making it easy to pick up the shuttle bus there. So this is not good news but thank goodness I’m keeping a very close eye on Cruise Critic because I’ve heard nothing from Azamara about this latest change! I’m getting rather frustrated and concerned about the lack of clear communication from Azamara about the various changes they have made. Just hoping that the on-board experience will be better.

• Like 1

The agent also added the shuttle transfer to our account which now has a two cent balance! He said that you need to have the transfer voucher ( that will come during check-in process) to get on the bus. If you haven’t heard back from them about the shuttle you may want to give them a call. This is a mess… wish communication would be better.

Also, they will have Covid tests at the port for those that need it for a cost. 
Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Penton said:

Thanks for sharing this information gwilli. We are also staying near Venice airport supposedly making it easy to pick up the shuttle bus there. So this is not good news but thank goodness I’m keeping a very close eye on Cruise Critic because I’ve heard nothing from Azamara about this latest change! I’m getting rather frustrated and concerned about the lack of clear communication from Azamara about the various changes they have made. Just hoping that the on-board experience will be better.

The changes are mind boggling and the lack of ease of ability to communicate gives me pause.  Close to cancelling everything. No confidence in the cruise line at all,