What is the best insurance to get when retired for around $7000 worth of insurance that will cover for COVID and medical

We are doing a Mediterranean cruise in October we are covered for $3000 on our credit card. What is the best insurance to get when retired for around $7000 worth of insurance that will cover for COVID and medical reasons 

On 4/25/2022 at 2:06 PM, Jmustang67 said:

We are doing a Mediterranean cruise in October we are covered for $3000 on our credit card. What is the best insurance to get when retired for around $7000 worth of insurance that will cover for COVID and medical reasons 

Hi Jmustang67,

I'm sorry about the delay responding.

What's best for you depends on various factors. If you want specific advice that pertains just to you, neither CruiseCritic nor myself want you to put any personally identifiable or private information in a public forum. You may email me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com or call me at 1-888-407-3854 and I will help you.

May I get the following?
- What State do you live in?
- What's your phone number?
- Where are you going?
- What are your current ages?
- What is your cruise cost after subtracting the port fees and taxes?
- When did / will you pay the first payment on your trip?
- When is your Final Payment due?
- If you didn't take this trip, would you likely re-use your airfare for a different trip?
- Is any of your trip being paid with Future Travel or Cruise Credits that represented money you had paid on a trip that was cancelled or interrupted due to Covid?
- Do either of you, any traveling companions or your non-traveling family members, have or recently had any medical conditions, or had any medication changes for a medical condition, that could worsen and, in turn, cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip? Or that could cause you to seek treatment on your trip?
- Are you covered by Medicare with a supplement you bought on your own, have Tricare or are on a former employers' retiree health plan? Or do you have Advantage plans?

Steve Dasseos