Orlando Hotel - Teen Friendly Ideas

helensobol

We will be staying 1 extra day post cruise.   I'm looking for a hotel for us to stay at for the day that will be teen friendly and let us hang by the pool until our room is ready.    

We don't care about going to a theme park because we assume lines/crowds will be crazy.  So hoping for a hotel w/a great pool (maybe a slide or 2) and it's super far from the airport.  We have a 8am flight out the next day. 

3 hours ago, helensobol said:

We will be staying 1 extra day post cruise.   I'm looking for a hotel for us to stay at for the day that will be teen friendly and let us hang by the pool until our room is ready.    

We don't care about going to a theme park because we assume lines/crowds will be crazy.  So hoping for a hotel w/a great pool (maybe a slide or 2) and it's super far from the airport.  We have a 8am flight out the next day. 

Not sure if it’s totally what you are looking for but there is a nice Hyatt right inside the airport.  Can’t get any closer than that…😎😎

I think you meant "not" super far from the airport. I would still look in the resort area at hotels like Gaylord Palms Resort, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.

Change your flight to 11AM regardless of where you stay. Who wants to get to the airport at 6AM to end a vacation.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:41 AM, helensobol said:

We are staying at the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal for a day post cruise. The Portofino (also Royal Pacific and Hard Rock) includes an unlimited express pass to Universal to help avoid the long lines. Even if you don't go to Universal, there are 2 pools, one with a slide. When you get bored with swimming, you can take the ferry or walk over to City Walk to enjoy the restaurants, shops and entertainment. However, we did schedule the latest flight the next day so we can enjoy the morning at Universal too. Who wants to spend the last day of vacation at home?

• Like 1

Thanks.. I had originally a much later flight BUT the flight was changed by the airline and unfortunately we are flying into a mini-airport so we don't even have another airline to switch to.  😞 I hate the time change!!!  

I was looking at Portofino but our last day is Labor Day weekend and I'm worried the parks will be insanely busy.   

5 hours ago, helensobol said:

I was looking at Portofino but our last day is Labor Day weekend and I'm worried the parks will be insanely busy.   

I would not bother going into any theme park. Hotels like the Gaylord Palms Resort, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek all have great pools and grounds and would be a great last day of relaxing.

When is this trip, can't you rebook through a bigger airport?

On 5/3/2022 at 9:15 AM, helensobol said:

Thanks.. I had originally a much later flight BUT the flight was changed by the airline and unfortunately we are flying into a mini-airport so we don't even have another airline to switch to.  😞 I hate the time change!!!  

We will be there over labor day too. Ship docks on Sunday and we are flying out on Monday.  Having been to Universal so many times, we are not worried about the lines too much, especially with the express pass. We want to see the new Jurassic park and then hit some old favorites. Then off to the pool and dinner at City Walk.