Extra OBC

kfulwell

We've got 2 cabins booked for a 2 week Med cruise on Britannia in August for us and our sons.  We've had emails today saying we're getting £150 OBC per cabin, which is a very pleasant surprise - we hadn't got any OBC as part of the deal we'd booked with.  Anyone else?  Just wondering if it's an across-the-board Brucie bonus, or if we just struck lucky!

Kate

26 minutes ago, niccynoo66 said:

Hi 

we had that too for our August cruise , £100 per cabin ( both insides). 
I will print and take the email as it’s not showing anywhere on cruise planner ! 
regards

nicky 

OBC only ever shows on your booking confirmation, you should get a revised statement from P&O if you booked direct or via ýour TA.

I have heard of a few people getting this, I could be wrong but it seems to be for August holidays. So will the people who have gotten this not get their discount until that is all used up?

Terms and conditions:

Extra on-board spending money offer is only applicable to guest 1 and 2 on booking reference XXXXX and cannot be transferred to any other booking. If you cancel your cruise, transfer your booking/holiday, or if your holiday doesn’t take place for any reason, the extra on-board spending money will not be carried forward to any future bookings. Each guest will receive an extra £75 on-board spending money, up to a maximum of £150 per cabin. Extra on-board spending money will automatically be added to your My Account which you should be able to see in the next 24 hours. Offer is combinable with all fare types, special fare quotes and other campaign benefits. Offer is not combinable with concession, friends and family or non-revenue bookings.

I'm rather chuffed 🙂 

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

OBC only ever shows on your booking confirmation, you should get a revised statement from P&O if you booked direct or via ýour TA.

Thank you , I booked direct so will ask for a revised statement 😊

10 hours ago, Orianababes said:

We got the extra OBC for our August cruise. Now I see the cruise price for anyone booking now has dropped by that amount. No coincidence imho 

Just checked the price - you're right 😄  Ah, I've paid my balance already and now we've got some beer money.  All's good.

Just a thought.

Price drop in August because more cabins available that need filling. More cabins available because not as many (or none) required for isolation.

Extra OBC for existing bookings stops passengers complaining.

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

Pleased to see that as a solo traveller, the cost for my standard outside cabin is about £1500 more for my Aurora cruise in August...

Yes, they don't want us singles! As a matter of interest I did a mock booking on my already booked Iona October cruise. An inside double for single use was twice the amount of my double select balcony I'm sharing with my Auntie!

9 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes, they don't want us singles! As a matter of interest I did a mock booking on my already booked Iona October cruise. An inside double for single use was twice the amount of my double select balcony I'm sharing with my Auntie!

About par for the course sadly. I have been given £100 obc for my August cruise on Aurora. It really is obvious that they are trying to limit the number of postponements/transfers...