Carnival bedding... Anyone own it??

killintime

We were on the 1/22 sailing of Carnival Victory. We LOVED the bedding. I have never slept on a bed that was so comfortable. It was, by far, the best sleep of my life that week. So, now that we are home, the reality hits that what we have is far inferior. I am longing for another cruise just to sleep that good again! (no, it wasn't the booze! :D)

Has anyone here purchased the mattresses, pillows, or the bedding for home use. It is VERY pricey, but if it is as durable as it seems, it would be a great investment for us. I was just wondering what your overall impression was and if anyone else here thinks it is worth the $$$ to have in your home?

We were on the 1/22 sailing of Carnival Victory. We LOVED the bedding. I have never slept on a bed that was so comfortable. It was, by far, the best sleep of my life that week. So, now that we are home, the reality hits that what we have is far inferior. I am longing for another cruise just to sleep that good again! (no, it wasn't the booze! :D)

Has anyone here purchased the mattresses, pillows, or the bedding for home use. It is VERY pricey, but if it is as durable as it seems, it would be a great investment for us. I was just wondering what your overall impression was and if anyone else here thinks it is worth the $$$ to have in your home?

Our King set arrived last week. She has not yet opened it all up - I will be back home in April, and I am sure it will feel WONDERFUL. We already have a recent quality mattress (Stearns & Foster) - so this bedding set will be icing on the cake.... sometimes I like to just eat the icing, leaving the cake...:D LOL

Tom

Is it like a feather or down bedding and pillows? My husband bought me a feather matt. pad last year and 2 feather/down pillows. It sleeps like a dream, so I am hoping the carnival bedding is as good as mine.

Here is a link with more information... (it does "sleep" great)

http://carnivalcomfortbed.com/

Tom

I bought the duvet, duvet cover and king sheet set just after Christmas. It's very comfortable. Now all I need is the mattress. We though the bed on Fantasy in Nov was very comfy. I didn't find it too pricey. Anything comparable in stores was just as much.

Are we the only one who thinks our mattress set at home is more comfortable? Could there be a possibility that after just several months or however long that this bed on the Liberty was not all that everyone is bragging about. We were dissapointed that our bed at home felt more comfy.

I must add that the duvet was a nice change, every hotel and ship needs these. Not too hot, not too cold and most important at all not too heavy.

Try searching Carnival Comfort Bed on eBay. It's probably less expensive.

We just tried it in Feb 06. My husband and I love it. He has a bad back. We have an expensive one in our bedroom. Carnival is actually cheaper but I would buy one for my next one. Slept so good even with the noise. I loved the pillows but my husband didn't .

We just tried it in Feb 06. My husband and I love it. He has a bad back. We have an expensive one in our bedroom. Carnival is actually cheaper but I would buy one for my next one. Slept so good even with the noise. I loved the pillows but my husband didn't .

Yes - people can be very particular about their pillows. My wife and I often take ours on trips with us. Often a favorite pillow can make the difference in sleep quality...

Tom

Yes - people can be very particular about their pillows. My wife and I often take ours on trips with us. Often a favorite pillow can make the difference in sleep quality...

Tom

And to think...my DH laughs at me when I pack mine...guess I'll show him I'm not as crazy as he thinks...:rolleyes:

Tom

I haven't slept right in 13 years, since I left my favorite pillow in an hotel room in Orlando. If I ever find another "favorite" piilow it will never leave home.

Shawn

Once we left MY FAVORITE pillow at a hotel too.....we called,, they held it for us and in a month we went back and got it lol.

I actually write "cheryl's favorite pillow" on my pillow (not the case) in big read letters!! my boys have this problem with trying to get my pillow lol.

As of tonight I have officially put my new carnival bedding on our bed...boy it looks good!! Going to put waves on the sound machine tonight and totally enjoy it. ... tom, sure wish you were here ;)

I'll let everyone know tomorrow how it sleeps, but it looks great, the sheets are deep pocket which was perfect!!! Maybe I should play that carnival commercial song as I drift off lol.......

cheryl

For those who state that the Carnival mattresses are comfortable -- you must sleep on really crappy mattresses at home.

People shouldn't confuse bedding with mattresses. The bedding on the Pride was pretty good. That's sheets, pillows, and comforter. That's what they sell. I don't believe that Carnival peddles the mattress itself. And if they did, only a fool would buy one.

The mattress is junk. Not so horrible that you get a bad night's sleep, but far from the quality of a good hotel mattress or mine at home. Every mattress I've slept on in a quality hotel is better. These racks compare favorably to Motel 6.

I traveled on the Pride with a friend who owns a mattress manufacturing business. She was appalled at the quality. She knew exactly what went into the racks that Carnival placed on the ship and said it would have cost less than $25 for each unit to upgrade to something substantially better. Her contention (and she would know) is that some hotels (and apparently cruise lines) buy lower quality mattresses because they actually last longer than a more comfortable mattress. Seems it's the materials that make the mattress comfortable that suffer the most wear and tear -- therefore, they have to be replaced more frequently.

For those who state that the Carnival mattresses are comfortable -- you must sleep on really crappy mattresses at home.

People shouldn't confuse bedding with mattresses. The bedding on the Pride was pretty good. That's sheets, pillows, and comforter. That's what they sell. I don't believe that Carnival peddles the mattress itself. And if they did, only a fool would buy one.

If you take the time to follow the link I posted earlier to the actual sales website, you will see that they do indeed sell even the kitchen sink... :)

I would not lay out (bed joke there) that kind of $ to order a mattress of unknown origin... I would rather TRY ONE OUT in person on the sales floor - and do some research...

Oh - I would imagine that part of the wonderful sleep experience that we enjoy onboard is due to the entire atmosphere - CRUSIN'

Tom

Interesting post... :)

Tom

Yeah, what exactly are we supposed to see? If it's blank screen, then yeah, I got it. BTW, I love the poster who said the beds are crap. Wow, since most people who have cruised since they replaced the bedding love the beds, we must not know what we're saying. I found it extremely comfortable and my mattress at home is far from cheap. Would I buy the mattress online because it was comfy on the cruise? NO. I will only buy a mattress I can see, try out, return easily, etc. Now, the sheets and duvet are great. Has anyone else had problems with the duvet staying in the duvet cover properly? That's the one thing I've heard from anyone who's ever had the same set up.

The mattress is junk. Not so horrible that you get a bad night's sleep, but far from the quality of a good hotel mattress or mine at home. Every mattress I've slept on in a quality hotel is better. These racks compare favorably to Motel 6.

I traveled on the Pride with a friend who owns a mattress manufacturing business. She was appalled at the quality. She knew exactly what went into the racks that Carnival placed on the ship and said it would have cost less than $25 for each unit to upgrade to something substantially better. Her contention (and she would know) is that some hotels (and apparently cruise lines) buy lower quality mattresses because they actually last longer than a more comfortable mattress. Seems it's the materials that make the mattress comfortable that suffer the most wear and tear -- therefore, they have to be replaced more frequently.

When was the last time you slept on a Carnival ship???? I always threaten to bring a huge duffel bag and try to roll the mattress up and take it with me. They are soooo comfortable. Don't tell me I don't understand comfort. Don't do that. Every person has their own comfort level, at least that's what Lindsey Wagner says.

I did, on the other hand, get a lousy(no actual lice on the bed, just an expression) bed at the beginiing of our last cruise. I sat on it, and it was obviously worn out. I was extremely dissapointed. I immediately found our steward, and told him - didn't ask - that I would have to have a new mattress, because the extremely comfortable beds were one of my favorite things about a Carnival cruise. He said they didn't have any more mattresses. I told him that I would be trying out Carnival's guarantee program then (debarking at aour first port). I didn't get angry, just stated my position.

We went to eat on the Lido deck, and when we got back to the stateroom, a brand new, still wrapped in plastic, mattress was against the outer bulkhead(wall for you lubbers) of our stateroom. It was promptly changed, and I was soooooo happy. I tipped our steward $20.00 right away, and he was very friendly the rest of the cruise. And, I slept like a baby. (This would be an exception to my previos post - I only sleep good on Carnival...without my favorite pillow.)

Shawn

The answer is: I slept on a Carnival ship last week. I've also slept on RCCL ships and Celebrity ships. In ALL cases, the matresses were NOT up to quality hotel standards.

With that said, I have slept great on all the ships. I don't have a bad back and I can sleep like a baby on the front seat of my truck. I can sleep on airplanes. I can sleep in tents. I can sleep on the sofa in the living room. I sleep well at Motel 6 -- which is what I compare these beds to.

The Carnival beds are far more comfortable than the matress in my trailer. And I sleep like a baby in the trailer. My point is, while the matresses on the ships are not uncomfortable, they aren't COMFORTABLE either. Like my friend the matress maker told me, you should NEVER be able to feel a spring when placing your hand on the matress. And I've felt a lot of springs on cruise ship matresses. They're not down-right bad, but not great either. And since there's no box spring, it's even more important to have a premium matress.

Bottom line: I let nothing ruin a vacation. I don't sweat the little things and find fault in everything. I save my critique for when the vacation ends. And after sleeping on the Pride last week, I can now say that the bedding was fantastic, but the matresses sucked.

what a brat, threatening to leave the ship if his beddy wasnt confey. Did they bring you a teddy bear?

I would have escourted you right off the ship at the first stop. And then threw the old mattress off the ship with you (so you had something to sleep on)

I told him that I would be trying out Carnival's guarantee program then (debarking at aour first port). I didn't get angry, just stated my position.

We went to eat on the Lido deck, and when we got back to the stateroom, a brand new, still wrapped in plastic, mattress was against the outer bulkhead(wall for you lubbers) of our stateroom. It was promptly changed, and I was soooooo happy. I tipped our steward $20.00 right away, and he was very friendly the rest of the cruise. And, I slept like a baby. (This would be an exception to my previos post - I only sleep good on Carnival...without my favorite pillow.)

Shawn

Archived