When to Covid-19 Test - Civitavecchia Embark/Disembark??

hernando52

We shall be flying from the US to Rome two days prior to our NCL cruise.  After our cruise, we plan to stay in Rome for two days and fly back to the US.  All flights are being handled by NCL.   I understand things may change, but using today's rules, this is what I am planning to do for Covid testing....For those of you in the know, please let me know if this is correct....or if I have to get more testing done.  I have not gotten my flight information yet.

1.  Test at home the day before our flight to Europe.  Cross our fingers that the tests are negative!

2.  Test in Rome the day before going to the pier to embark (not sure if this is necessary with the 2 day deviation)

3.  Test in Rome the day after disembarking, which would be one day before flying back to the US. Cross our fingers that the tests are negative!

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would test the day of our flight to Europe. Then you will be within the 3 day window to board. And if (God forbid!!!) you test positive, you won't have flown all the way to Italy just to quarantine.

That's our plan. We said out of Rome at the end of the month. I bought eMed tests to take with us so we can do them in our room the day before our return flight to the US.

• Like 1

Just boarded the Epic in Rome last week and there is no testing at the port needed if you have a negative test 24 hours before, they just accept your result certificate. They might actually accept 24-72 hours, but I’m unsure as we tested 24 hours before. Hope this helps! 

1 hour ago, Nikoladoig88 said:

Just boarded the Epic in Rome last week and there is no testing at the port needed if you have a negative test 24 hours before, they just accept your result certificate. They might actually accept 24-72 hours, but I’m unsure as we tested 24 hours before. Hope this helps! 

Thanks....I think the plan we'll go with is to have a test at home the morning of our flight to Europe as suggested by TwoCoasts....and try to make sure we are at the pier within the 72 hour window (does the time difference work in favor or against those of us 5-6 hours behind Italian time???).  If we can't do that, our hotel in Civitavecchia has offered to make arrangements with a close-by pharmacy to do instant tests.  Coming back to the US it is clear that tests have to be done within 24 hours of the return...I just need to decide what method to use.  Appreciate your input!

30 minutes ago, hernando52 said:

Thanks....I think the plan we'll go with is to have a test at home the morning of our flight to Europe as suggested by TwoCoasts....and try to make sure we are at the pier within the 72 hour window (does the time difference work in favor or against those of us 5-6 hours behind Italian time???).  If we can't do that, our hotel in Civitavecchia has offered to make arrangements with a close-by pharmacy to do instant tests.  Coming back to the US it is clear that tests have to be done within 24 hours of the return...I just need to decide what method to use.  Appreciate your input!

It is not measured in hours. It is measured in days. 

It is critical that everyone read the information sent to them from the cruise line for their specific cruise. 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/do-i-need-take-covid-19-test-prior-arrival-terminal

table-embark-US-NonUS.png

• Thanks 1