Specialty dining ...

cruisingbooboo

It's been a few years since I cruised,  have 3 nights of specialty dining on the oy on zag. I booked Teppenyki no fee listed. I booked Cagneys it says priced ala carte as well as La Cucina. I'm confused are these no longer included in the SDP? Anyone have experience with the BBQ restaurant? thinking of swapping that for La Cucina.

Thanks

All 3 of your choices are covered....

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty Dining Packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: American Diner, Cagney’s Steakhouse, Food Republic, Italian, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, Moderno Churrascaria, Ocean Blue and Bayamo by Ocean Blue, Pincho Tapas Bar, Q Texas Smokehouse, Raw Bar, Sushi and Teppanyaki.

Dining options vary by ship.

1 hour ago, cruisingbooboo said:

It's been a few years since I cruised,  have 3 nights of specialty dining on the oy on zag. I booked Teppenyki no fee listed. I booked Cagneys it says priced ala carte as well as La Cucina. I'm confused are these no longer included in the SDP? Anyone have experience with the BBQ restaurant? thinking of swapping that for La Cucina.

Thanks

Teppanyaki is a fixed menu. At cagney's and la cucina, you can order multiple appetizers, an entrée, and desserts. 

On 4/30/2022 at 4:04 AM, cruisingbooboo said:

Thanks

With "the BBQ restaurant", do you then mean Moderno Churrascaria (the Brazilian Steakhouse)? I would choose that over La Cucina on all NCL ships, as allthough I love Italian food - I always found the quality of the food in the Italian restaurants on NCL to be "below average". Other may disagree - but I don't think many would rank it above Moderno though...

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

With "the BBQ restaurant", do you then mean Moderno Churrascaria (the Brazilian Steakhouse)? I would choose that over La Cucina on all NCL ships, as allthough I love Italian food - I always found the quality of the food in the Italian restaurants on NCL to be "below average". Other may disagree - but I don't think many would rank it above Moderno though...

They could also mean Q. It depends on which of those two restaurants is on the oy on zag. 🙂

I actually like La Cucina a lot. I’d still rank it below Moderno though, as that could possibly be my favourite.

Edit: looking at posting history we seem to be talking about the Joy, so the bbq place is Q.

I’ve not yet been on a ship with that restaurant, so can’t comment on what it is like.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

Went to Q on the Encore back in February...ship sailed half full so the restaurants were quite empty...and so was Q...3 tables of people all the time we were in...the food had obviously been sitting under heat lamps as it was all very dry. If you bought a platter which came with sides they were tiny. Maybe would have been a better experience had the restaurant been full and food was being cooked fresh.

17 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

They could also mean Q. It depends on which of those two restaurants is on the oy on zag. 🙂

I actually like La Cucina a lot. I’d still rank it below Moderno though, as that could possibly be my favourite.

Edit: looking at posting history we seem to be talking about the Joy, so the bbq place is Q.

I’ve not yet been on a ship with that restaurant, so can’t comment on what it is like.

Yes, on the Joy not oy on zag 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ hahahah and Yes I meant the BBQ restaurant not the Brazilian restaurant. thank you!