Sky Princess Booking Embarkation Slot

Jimmy147

Hi, and welcome to Cruise Critic,

I'm not sure you CAN book a slot - our experience has been that cruise lines allocate slots.

Most folk want to board early, cruise lines - including Princess - introduced staggered embarkation a few years back because queues used to be horrendous until about 1pm. And embarkation is so much better for the change to allocated times.

If you attempt to register earlier than your allocated slot, what happens will depend on the staff in the cruise terminal and the circumstances. If there's a short queue and the time is tolerably close to your slot most staff will likely board you there and then rather than turn you away, but its a risk.

You can certainly drop your (labelled) luggage early, even your (labelled) hand luggage - but keep passports, cruise paperwork, medications etc on your person. NB luggage will be delivered to your cabin door, but that may be some time later.

If you're waaaaaay early, its only a short walk from your likely terminal, Ocean Cruise Terminal, to Town Quay, the city walls. pubs etc.

You might get better info if you quote your embarkation port (I'm guessing it's Southampton).

And ask on the board dedicated to your cruise line

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/

(Edit - hey presto, the moderators have moved your question to the Princess board)

All first cruise are great.

Have a good one.

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull

10 hours ago, Jimmy147 said:

Going on first cruise on 17th September

When can you book your slot to go on board - would like 11.00/12.30 so we can have a good look round

Our arrival slots for Sky Princess on 4th June became available to select 60 days before the  embarkation date.

• Like 2

I am on the same cruise. I will start going on the medallion from 60 days before to try and snap one of those early slots.

I wouldn’t arrive early though if I don’t get an early slot. Unfortunately it’s people arriving before their allocated times that causes all the embarkation problems. We’ll all get on ! 
Have a great cruise !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smilesonfaces said:

I am on the same cruise. I will start going on the medallion from 60 days before to try and snap one of those early slots.

I wouldn’t arrive early though if I don’t get an early slot. Unfortunately it’s people arriving before their allocated times that causes all the embarkation problems. We’ll all get on ! 
Have a great cruise !

Whilst I applaud your thoughts you do not know my personal and individual circumstances!