How's the boarding going in Vancouver

I boarded on Thursday....

• set up VeriFLY a few days before you get to the cruise terminal is the biggest tip.  My VeriFLY was done and they remotely checked it.  This saved me 30 to 60 minutes on many that did not and had to be manually Covid verified at the cruise terminal.  When in the holding area, I could hear so many regretted not doing the VeriFLY ahead of time.  https://myverifly.com/
  • I was using the Holland America Navigator app for the boarding passes and Covid disclaimer.  Great idea until I discovered the app would log me out ever 5 minutes.  I'm so glad I had paper copy of my board pass barcode to quickly get processed.  It's painful watching this paperless people ahead of me turn on their one swipe back and forth to tap to show their information. Some cruisers had troubles connecting, possibly with so many cruisers at the terminal flooding the cell signals.
  • Don't forget your ArriveCAN.

Koningsdam needed extra time for sanitizing, so boarding did not happen until 13:15pm.  Wear a mask as many were not physical distancing well to get on board.

• Anyone needing luggage storage pre/post-cruise.  See my other post about West Coast Sightseeing offering the service this year.
  • Rental car kiosks were not there this year.
  • Yes, there are Nexus lanes for quicker US border customs
  • They are just using one level of the convention center at this time, unclear if they will use dual level boarding like when it was super busy pre-Covid.

2 hours ago, xlxo said:

They are just using one level of the convention center at this time, unclear if they will use dual level boarding like when it was super busy pre-Covid.

Do you mean they are doing check-in after immigration, like they used to do 5+ years ago?  So all on the lower level of Canada Place?

I’m on a sailing at the end of May, on a 3 ship, 3 different cruise lines, day [YIKES],  so pretty sure they will have to use the upstairs space for checkin!  I do wonder how they are going to manage people flow with the almost inevitable delays getting through immigration…