Pinata purchasing in Cozumel questions

OliverTheCat

How will you be traveling to get home after the cruise? As much as I've been tempted to buy a piñata, getting it home on the plane made me decide against getting one.

Just a 2 hour drive back home after I get off ship :) That is why I considered getting an authentic one.

There is a piñata store near my cottage. Calle 3 between 25 and 30 Avenidas. Easy walking distance from downtown. I'll have to check prices for you. It's a reall mom and pop operation. They usually have piñatas in various stages of completion for you to see as well as the ones that are ready for purchase.

Enjoy!

CozSally- We will be in Coz next week and have considered getting off the ship and going to the Museo, then wander over to El Mercado and then stop for lunch at Sabores Restaurant, then back to downtown for shopping before returning to the ship. Is there a problem with any of these stops since the hurricane? Can you give us decent walking directions? Thanks!

CozSally- We will be in Coz next week and have considered getting off the ship and going to the Museo, then wander over to El Mercado and then stop for lunch at Sabores Restaurant, then back to downtown for shopping before returning to the ship. Is there a problem with any of these stops since the hurricane? Can you give us decent walking directions? Thanks!

The museum is on Melgar. To get to the Mercado, walk south about 5 blocks to Salas then to your left. Down about 3 1/2 blocks on your left. Sabores is back down Salas to 5th. Take a left and down 1 1/2 blocks on your right. Downtown is back to Salas and across the street. Everything is still there.

That sounds like pretty good plan to me. You sound as if you have done some research.

Just a 2 hour drive back home after I get off ship That is why I considered getting an authentic one.
Then follow Sally's advise and get yourself one.

Last time I brought home a Pinata from Mexico, the customs agents went wild on me. Granted, I was 16 and returning from a months stay, but they came straight for me in the line. I had purchased a pretty good sized bear for my younger sister and the agents wanted to break it open right there! The dogs came and after many tears and pleading not to take it from me, they let me through.

The flight attendants were nice enough to find a space on the plane, but it was in a front closet.

If you get a small one, I think you would be fine. Be careful with larger ones.

Archived