Independent shore Excursions in Italy off Celebrity

Cookie002

Do we know yet, whether you can do Independant shore excursions in Italy? I thought there might be an update regarding this on May 1. I am specifically looking for celebrity ships if they allow independent shore excursions.

Many thanks

~A

40 minutes ago, Cookie002 said:

Do we know yet, whether you can do Independant shore excursions in Italy? I thought there might be an update regarding this on May 1. I am specifically looking for celebrity ships if they allow independent shore excursions.

Many thanks

~A

I’m not sure any Celebrity ships have called in Italy yet this year. I just got off the first Celebrity Silhouette cruise after her TA but we only visited France, Spain, Portugal and (in a surprise substitution) Belgium. We had no clear info from Celebrity prior to getting onboard regarding whether private and DIY was allowed — but it was.

right now things are really in flux. We had to fill out forms for some countries and not others, and seems like it changes almost daily!

Did you have a wonderful time cruisemom? I can’t believe your trip is already done! I guess I am going to have to watch the boards and see if anyone reports diy in Italy ports.

our cruise is Italy, France and Spain. Did you need forms for France and Spain? The only form I have filled in so far is the PLU form for flying into Italy, and I just saw a utuber say that as of May 1, you don’t need it to fly in…..

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 12:28 PM, cruisemom42 said:

I’m not sure any Celebrity ships have called in Italy yet this year. I just got off the first Celebrity Silhouette cruise after her TA but we only visited France, Spain, Portugal and (in a surprise substitution) Belgium. We had no clear info from Celebrity prior to getting onboard regarding whether private and DIY was allowed — but it was.

right now things are really in flux. We had to fill out forms for some countries and not others, and seems like it changes almost daily!

We're sailing out of Rome on 9/16 & our TA said Celebrity is allowing self touring at this time.  I've booked multiple tours with Independent tour groups.  But, as we know....it can change daily.  Everything I booked is fully refundable up to 7 days and some 48 hours before, so I'm not worried.