Bolt-less cruise on the Mardi Gras April 23-30

We cruised on MG last August and the bolt was fun, but it is a one and done for me.  I am sure when we go back this summer the teens will ride it again.  As others have said it is a quick ride, but like nothing I have ever gone on and we have done most of the east coast parks a bunch of times. It was sold out for our last cruise so I think people are interested.  The throttle definately makes a difference.  Quick word of warning the hight limit is 6'5, I am 6'4 and it puts a fair amount of pressure on your back if you are waiting for others to load.  They stop you on the final turn so you are hanging slanted until the next car is loaded. Just wanted to let the other old tall guys know.      

Edited by Gregoryfo

On 5/3/2022 at 7:48 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

We were in an aft cabin on Deck 14 and it sounded like the Bolt was running through our closet.  We could actually tell when the boost button was pushed.  We also thought the ship was too new to have the vibration that it did until we felt it on a port day, while docked.  That’s when we realized our cabin vibrated from the Bolt.  I believe the base of the ride is attached to the ship on Deck 14.

THIS THIS THIS. It was so damn loud. Our mid-day naps were severely hampered.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:49 AM, WheresWalter said:

Wow, Batman, that takes me back! We lived in Atlanta for about 27 years and we visited Six Flags a few times. I still love the old Cyclone thought that was really getting rough the last time I rode it and the Scream Machine is a classic. When I rode Mako for the first time at Sea World here in Orlando, that's totally what it reminded me of, but a modern, higher, faster version of Scream Machine.

The Georgia Cyclone had gotten so rough that a friend of mine cracked a rib on it, and I flatly refused to ride it.  They re-made it into a hybrid steel coaster a few years ago, as "Twisted Cyclone," and it's easily one of the most thrilling coasters at the park now...and with steel track, it's pretty smooth.  

The Great American Scream Machine (an A.C.E. landmark) was closed down much of last year for re-tracking.  It will still be a classic "woody" coaster, but apparently smoother.  It had gotten really rough as well.  Scheduled to reopen any week now, in fact.