January Cruising????

dave&micki

Hi.....We are planning to book a cruise while on the Sovereign next month. We are going to book the mariner of the seas {eastern} and would like to know if anyone has cruised this month and if so, what was the weather like? How warm/cold is it. I would rather go at a different time, but with the kids in college, we need to go on their break:rolleyes: Thank you for all of your recent help......these boards are GREAT!!!!!

We cruised this past January. Our cruise price dropped twice, as did many of the cruises departing the month of January! If you do book, hopefully yours will drop too. Start watching the prices carefully in the Fall and if it drops, call RCCL and they will adjust your price. Have a great time on your upcoming cruise. :)

We have cruised in January for the last two years. Just did Mariner of the Seas this last January. Weather was chilly on day departing but bright sun shine made it OK. It was a little chilly on Cococay, but again sunny. We felt like normal crusie temps the rest of the days. Prior years went out of Galveston and normally the first day out and day coming home it may be chilly, but only light jacket weather.

As was stated earlier, we have come to like January as there are less crowds, kids, and the fares are lower and sometimes even drop.

Just don't want the secret to get out.

All my cruises have been in January (I live in N.E. and have to get out of the cold) I have found the weather to be great, alittle chilly in FL prior to leaving and getting back but once out to sea...good. On occasion the upper sun decks get alittle cool but the SUN is definately HOT.

Have fun!

MAO

January is definately the time to cruise!

We have gone annually for the last 4 years, the second week in January.

We just booked our passage for Jan 14 2007, on the MARINER of the SEAS!

It will be wonderful, don't worry. we always get in the water for snorkeling and such, it is quite nice.

Anything you do will be fine.

We even cruise in december quite a bit, and that is great also.

Schedule that cruise with confidence!

Earle

My wife and I just did back to back cruises on the Navigator of the Seas in January.

It was between 75 and 80 every day. As such, we were in the water every day with no problems.

While my cruise experience is limited, I wouldn't hesitate to book in January again.

Dave & Micki - I agree with the above posters cruising in January is great. Lower fares, few kids, & generally great weather with the exception of an occassional cool (60's) day in FL or the Bahamas. On a different note, I see you're from Martha's Vineyard. We'll be there in October on the Jewel Canada/NE out of Boston. Anything we shouldn't miss (our first time there). Is everything still open since the summer high season is over?

Sorry for the late reply hope you get this!!! October is my most favorite time of the year-- summer crowds are gone(120,000)down to about 25,000 people-- weather is still o.k and yes most everthing is still open because there are a lot of "weekenders"-- you will be tendored into the town of OAK BLUFFS which is the oldest town on the island-- be sure to go to "cottage city" which is where all the old gingerbread houses are --multi-colored and some great works of workman ship!!!Stop at NANCY'S resturant for a good lunch or go up the street to th:De "OFF SHORE ALE COMPANY" micro -brewer on site-- peanut shells all over the floor-and of coarse go to the carousal( oldest working in U.S.)--If you can hop on a trolly bus and come to EDGARTOWN (that is where we live)-- beautiful statley homes on the water-- multi million dollar homes-- (one just sold last week for 25 million)or just hop on a tour bus and take a trip of the whole island(28) miles long-- enjoy your cruise and welcome to our island HAPPY SAILING

Can somebody help me. We are cruising on March 31st 2007 on Enchantment with our kids who will be in the kids program not running all over the place un supervised. Has anybody ever cruised around this time and if so what is the weather like. We are going to Grand Cayman and Ocho-Rio

Sorry for the late reply hope you get this!!! October is my most favorite time of the year-- summer crowds are gone(120,000)down to about 25,000 people-- weather is still o.k and yes most everthing is still open because there are a lot of "weekenders"-- you will be tendored into the town of OAK BLUFFS which is the oldest town on the island-- be sure to go to "cottage city" which is where all the old gingerbread houses are --multi-colored and some great works of workman ship!!!Stop at NANCY'S resturant for a good lunch or go up the street to th:De "OFF SHORE ALE COMPANY" micro -brewer on site-- peanut shells all over the floor-and of coarse go to the carousal( oldest working in U.S.)--If you can hop on a trolly bus and come to EDGARTOWN (that is where we live)-- beautiful statley homes on the water-- multi million dollar homes-- (one just sold last week for 25 million)or just hop on a tour bus and take a trip of the whole island(28) miles long-- enjoy your cruise and welcome to our island HAPPY SAILING

Thanks for the info! Can't wait to visit this beautiful place :)

Archived