MSC Insurance requirement

1kaper

On 5/10/2022 at 12:33 AM, 8420PR said:

Incorrect - you just need to show that you have insurance coverage for covid, it is not necessary to purchase from MSC or your TA.

I have a letter from my travel insurance stating I am covered for covid up to $30k and it has worked fine for MSC in both the Med and UAE.  

Hi

What company did you get travel insurance from?   Will be flying to Rome for a transatlantic back to the states and need the covid insurance.  Have Medicare  and coverage thru my credit card but it is not covid specific.  Need to pick up a policy for their requirement for covid.

Thanks for your help

Pat

Murrells Inlet, SC

No Covid insurance requirement by MSC for Canadian residents.

Lately a number of fellow Canadians have been reporting that MSC did not ask to see the mandatory Covid insurance coverage when sailing from a US port.  We have an October cruise on MSC and while poking around today and doing a mock booking, it appears to have been an unannounced change for Canadian residents sailing from the US.

The pop-up with the insurance information seems to have changed in the bolded text (by MSC).  How I read it, if sailing from the US, recommended to have Covid insurance, anywhere else right now, it is mandatory.

Important Information

It is mandatory for all guests sailing from a non-US port, while it is highly recommended for those sailing from a US port, to have in place an insurance policy that specifically covers them against COVID-19 related risks, such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance and related expenses, as well as hospitalization. This should be in place to cover you from the confirmation of your booking until the end of the cruise or your cruise and flight package.

Should you need a COVID-19 insurance coverage, our travel insurance partner may be able to help you. You can see the policy benefits available here to see if they are of interest and benefit for you. 

Booked Guests that found themselves not to meet any of the requirements of the MSC Health and Safety Protocol (e.g. missing vaccination) and therefore that they are prevented from boarding, are asked to call our contact centre not later than 48 hours before the scheduled departure of their cruise in order to reschedule their cruise according to the MSC Flexible Cruise Program.

I recommend buying it from MSc for complete peace of mind. Just in case the policy wordings do not cover Covid on a cruise ship and also on  shore excursions

it should cost 10% of the price of your Cruise,  excluding port fees and taxes