Current masking policy in Adventure Ocean

I thought I read that masking was now optional in AO, but I am still seeing verbiage on their website that it is required.  Can anyone that has been on a ship since the new masking policy confirm for me if masks are required in Adventure Ocean still?

25 minutes ago, Avondra said:

I thought I read that masking was now optional in AO, but I am still seeing verbiage on their website that it is required.

For sailings departing the U.S., Puerto Rico, Barbados and Canada

Onboard the Ship

Masks are optional for vaccinated guests and recommended for unvaccinated children while onboard. In our terminals, masks are optional unless required by local regulation. Some destinations we visit may require masks. Guests under 2 years old don't need to wear a mask. These protocols are subject to change.

It may take a while for RCI to update all of its pages like this one:

If I travel with an unvaccinated kid under 12 how will our experience be? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Edited by Biker19

24 minutes ago, Avondra said:

I thought I read that masking was now optional in AO, but I am still seeing verbiage on their website that it is required.  Can anyone that has been on a ship since the new masking policy confirm for me if masks are required in Adventure Ocean still?

I can confirm. We were on last week and the policy changed a few days into our cruise after which they did not wear any masks. Staff still did though. 

7 minutes ago, death_star said:

I can confirm. We were on last week and the policy changed a few days into our cruise after which they did not wear any masks. Staff still did though. 

Thank you!

35 minutes ago, death_star said:

Same here. Ended over week ago on mine Miami Cruises. On B4B was also nice not wearing Mask in Terminal last two Cruises where less then 1/4 Workers onshore had them on...

Edited by ONECRUISER

22 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

Is Adventure Ocean fully "open for business" now then? Or are reservations still required?

I think this is all over the place based upon passenger load and ship. Only needed for babies and tots on EnOTS last week. AO juniors/aquanauts was drop in but there were only like 70 kids onboard.