Has Anyone Sailed Recently on Celestyal?

thekidsandi

For any of you that have sailed this year on the Crystal, what did you do for the formal nights?  I have read somewhere (?) that the Captains Cocktail Night was mostly just a picture with the Captain.  Also, I read that you could get by with just a nice pair of slacks and a nice shirt.  Do you agreed with this?  Or, should we stay away from the Captains Cocktail Night and Gala Night if we don't want to dress up.  Actually, is is more of a suitcase packing situation versus not wanting to dress up.

Stan

• 3 months later...

We were on the 7-night Three Continents cruise in early December. We had a junior suite with a balcony. The cabin was huge. There was a dedicated dining room for breakfast and lunch for people in suites. Pros for me were the small size of the ship and how quiet it was. There was one morning announcement and that was it. No blaring music, no advertising sales in the shop. The food was good and the staff was friendly. Some of the tours were excellent and some were just ok. Downtown Cyprus and the duty-free shop at the port had some of the best souveniers, especially food items. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 6:57 PM, risaroh said:

We were on the 7-night Three Continents cruise in early December. We had a junior suite with a balcony. The cabin was huge. There was a dedicated dining room for breakfast and lunch for people in suites. Pros for me were the small size of the ship and how quiet it was. There was one morning announcement and that was it. No blaring music, no advertising sales in the shop. The food was good and the staff was friendly. Some of the tours were excellent and some were just ok. Downtown Cyprus and the duty-free shop at the port had some of the best souveniers, especially food items. 

Risaroh,

I will be doing the 3 Continents cruise in about 5 weeks and would love to hear anything you can provide regarding your experience. I am interested in how embarkation is handled. I am used to cruising on the big cruise lines where you have to choose a time to arrive at the pier. Is that a thing with Celestyal or do you just go whenever you want? I booked my cruise after they took away the free drinks offer. Can you give any insight as to how much mixed drinks cost? I am thinking about taking metro or bus from downtown Athens to the pier. Wondering how you arrived at and departed from the pier. Any information on the ports - did you do the cruise line's shore excursions?

Sorry for all the questions, but I would be interested in any information you could share.

Thank you.