Carnival Hub

PatnJudy

I was just reading reviews for the Glory. The person who wrote it made it sound like you needed to use the Carnival app ( the Hub) in order to find out what was going on.  He said paper menus were few and far between, and the daily bulletin was online. How true is this?

I personally hate using my cell phone  for all these functions. Guess I'm just not 'woke' in my old age.

On the Dream that is how it was. You could get paper menus in some spots but at least one of the bars I went to didn’t have any paper menus. 

i believe you can get a paper copy of the daily activities at the guest services desk. I saw someone else mention on their cruise it was available near the coffee place as well but I didn’t see this. 

I didn’t mind using it for activity and other things but I hated the QR menu thing. I don’t always have my phone on me. 

• Like 1

Basically, your phone is going to be the best, most convenient way for you to look at menus and know what's going on around the ship.

If you're averse to using your phone, then they will accommodate you, but most people will just use their phones.

Guest BasicSailor

The Hub is the go-to thingy of the future

However, it doesn't always work correct. There is a charge for room service items after ten. But sometimes the app doesn't show what the No Fee items are when you scan for the menu. The next morning, they show up.

Not only do you see the menus and Fun Times on The Hub app, but you also see your pictures from Pixels, you see your folio, you check in to dinner on the app, you see your folio, you order food from around the ship, you can chat with one another (+$5), deck plans, there's so much packed into The Hub app, you'll want to use it. 

• Like 1

I got the printed Fun Times at customer service each day. And always asked for a paper menu in the MDR. No problems there. But they did make you use the app to get a table in the dining room.