Are we the only ones who decline the free drink pkg on NCL?

On 5/6/2022 at 11:07 PM, pokerguy90 said:

My wife and I do not drink alcohol for religious reasons. So when we booked our cruise our TA said  “your the first of her clients to ev br er decline that offer”.  I told her we don’t drink alcohol because of religious reasons.  She said you can get Pop, or other non alcoholic beverages.  We said OK. Well then that could work.  The we noticed that we would prepay a 20% service fee on that drink package $140 each.  Our bar bills for the occasional mocktail or pop, juice never exceed $100 for both of us for the entire cruise.  For me to pay almost $300 is money wasted, we could not possibly drink that much pop in 7 days.  Boy was she  confused at us over this one.   

Are we the only ones who decline the free drink pkg on NCL?  Looks like you're not the only ones

• 2 weeks later...

Nope definitely not alone - just booked my solo trip next year and I declined the free beverage package - I don't drink alcohol (my body doesn't agree with it) and barely touches pop.  The only thing I do drink is coffee (lots) and the occasional fruit juices, which aren't covered by the non-premium package anyways.  I can't even make breakeven on gratuities alone - so declined it is.  A $3-4 hit for a latte or whatever is something I can live with (plus I will have access to the studio lounge with the free coffee machine).

Edited by alvinofdiaspar