Comfort Inn FLL Airport

BabsM

I am having trouble booking a clean, safe hotel for our pre cruise night on March 24.

I just booked the Comfort Inn Airport in Hollywood, FL. Has anyone stayed there? Is it clean and safe? Those are my two big concerns.

Also, when we arrive in the late evening on Friday, is there restaurants nearby to walk to?

Thanks.

I am having trouble booking a clean, safe hotel for our pre cruise night on March 24.

I just booked the Comfort Inn Airport in Hollywood, FL. Has anyone stayed there? Is it clean and safe? Those are my two big concerns.

Also, when we arrive in the late evening on Friday, is there restaurants nearby to walk to?

Thanks.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Cruiseport South on Stirling last December.

It is neither clean or safe. It is one of the two WORST hotels I've ever spent the night in and that includes several Motel 6's, Super 8's and Days Inns across the county.

The room was dirty, carpets stained, roaches on the walls when we awoke in the morning, dead bolt didn't work, maid entered the room sometime around 08:00 AM without knocking, maintenance woke us up (wrong room) at 07:00, no hot water (luke warm at best) for the morning shower and a staff that couldn't care less about any of this.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL! It has very poor reviews on Trip Advisor.

Normally I can put up with most anything for one night but never again in this dump. We have a cruise booked out of FLL next december and we'll be staying at the LaQuinta Inn. It's better to spend $30 to $100 more per night than ever spend a night at the Comfort Inn in FLL.

I have stayed there last year the place was not bad at all for one night th inn is right next door to a shopping center just in case that you for got something they do have a shuttle service from A/P and cruise dock and a tiki bar put side where you can meet people that are going on the same cruise there is a good place to eat called the Starlight inn it is in a old train car that reminnds me of the tv series Happy Days there is anothe placed call LaQuinta that you can check out I going to check it out when the time comes for me to cruise in Jan 07 I hope that I help you Ron

That's what Coiran was talking about. And right across the street from my favorite place, Ernie's Barbeque. It' north of the airport on Rt. 1 just before you get to 17th St. Area is safe, place looks OK, but comments on this board have not been positive. But at this point I would go with it. I guess you never saw my comments on your original thread.

Had a group there in January and it was the worst pre-cruise hotel experience I've had. Completely unorganized at check-in, not very clean and in a bad area. The only restaurants area dirty McDonalds and a Taco Bell. Stick to 17th St. even if it costs a few more dollars.

Thanks for all the help. I have cancelled the Days Inn and the Comfort Inn.

I have booked our pre curise night at the Comfort Suites Airport on Federal Highway.

Now I need to book our post cruise night. Just have to decide if we want to stay near the airport again or somewhere else. We have an early am flight the next day so I am leaning towards the airport.

We will have the whole day after we get off the ship. Any suggestions for a family of four who have never been to Ft. Lauderdale?

Again, Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for all the help. I have cancelled the Days Inn and the Comfort Inn.

I have booked our pre curise night at the Comfort Suites Airport on Federal Highway.

Now I need to book our post cruise night. Just have to decide if we want to stay near the airport again or somewhere else. We have an early am flight the next day so I am leaning towards the airport.

We will have the whole day after we get off the ship. Any suggestions for a family of four who have never been to Ft. Lauderdale?

Again, Thanks for all the help.

I'd pick a different hotel. Follow this link to the Trip Advisor reviews for the Comfort Suites on Federal

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d84432-Reviews-Comfort_Suites_Airport_Cruise_Port-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

I realize that the first two are positive but the rest are pretty negative. I really believe that sometimes hotel personel write glowing reviews to attempt to offset the negative reviews.

In general, we've had decent luck with Choice Brand hotels, which include the Comfort brand......except in Florida. In FL it's they've managed to be the top two crummiest hotels we've ever seen.

Thanks for the advice, We need the hotel on March 24th. At this late date it seems almost impossible to get a room at a reasonable rate. We will made due with the Comfort Suites. We should only be there about 12 hours.

I never realized that spring break was such a hot time. We booked the cruise months ago and never realized it would be a hassle to get air or hotels.

This has been a learning experience for this old teacher!!! Next time I will be more proactive.

I haven't beem there in 2 yrs but I believe that there is a some kind of fun land right across the street of the comfort inn and cruise/and air that is on 17th street if that place is full try LaQuinta it is only a few blocks away and thy offter almost the same thing

Hotels always seem to be expensive in FLL. I suspect because of the cruise ship passengers plus it's a popular tourist destination. Next December, which is supposed to be slow season (first week of Dec.), I have the LaQuinta Inn booked for $120/night. I can't recall ever paying more than $80 for a room at any LaQuinta before.

i agree w/doug comfort inn was nasty stayed there last year, and dont get me wrong i am no princess, but i do expect a somewhat clean room, the carpet was so filthy our socks were black, looks like tar or grease was all over the floor, let me also mention there was pubic hairs in the bathroom. we couldnt even take a shower i had to stick my legs in the sink to shave. Did i mention we had to stick and sock in the hold in the bottom of a wall so the bugs wouldnt come in!!!!

But the continental buffet was okay! lol

Archived