Discover the Past Ghostly Walking Tour (Victoria)

Since we are only in Victoria from 8pm to midnight, I decided to book this tour as an easy, inexpensive thing to do for an hour that evening. I also just love this kind of thing anyway.

It says you meet at 812 Wharf St for the tour. How far and easy will this be to get to from the cruise dock? I am not familiar with Victoria at all and I've seen some videos that show a shuttle service that takes you into town from the ship. Is that correct? I'm hoping I can easily walk to this spot either from the port or from where the shuttle drops you off.

Thanks!

Edited by Pyxie

• Pyxie changed the title to Discover the Past Ghostly Walking Tour (Victoria)

I have done several of their walking tours during short trips to Victoria and would highly recommend them.

The Wharf Street address meeting point is just outside the tourism office and at the corner of the inner harbour.  It would be a “good” walk from Ogden Point, maybe 30 mins or more, depending whether you cut through the inner streets or take the longer waterfront route.  There should be shuttles available for small-ish amount (used to be between $12-$15, and return ticket options available).  The shuttles used to drop off at Government Street by the Legislature building - so other corner of the harbour, about 5 mins from the tourism office.  There are limited places the shuttles can stop in that area, due to traffic, so would presume they still stop there as it’s where the city buses drop off.

The ghost tour was great, but it did make me think twice about staying at any of the hotels that he told stories about!

On 5/7/2022 at 1:03 PM, westcoasttech said:

I have done several of their walking tours during short trips to Victoria and would highly recommend them.

The Wharf Street address meeting point is just outside the tourism office and at the corner of the inner harbour.  It would be a “good” walk from Ogden Point, maybe 30 mins or more, depending whether you cut through the inner streets or take the longer waterfront route.  There should be shuttles available for small-ish amount (used to be between $12-$15, and return ticket options available).  The shuttles used to drop off at Government Street by the Legislature building - so other corner of the harbour, about 5 mins from the tourism office.  There are limited places the shuttles can stop in that area, due to traffic, so would presume they still stop there as it’s where the city buses drop off.

The ghost tour was great, but it did make me think twice about staying at any of the hotels that he told stories about!

Thank you!