Is this too risky?

50 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Whenever a person asks this, I feel they are looking for some kind of justification, to support their desires but already know they are risking things by doing it.   Just because others are successful, does not mean you will, or any justification you have for doing it will work out.  No matter what you wish, every flight is a risk, and the more you can do to minimize the risk the better it is. 

I love this answer!

3 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Sailing on the Wonder on 6/9. Flights from NY are pretty high. Thinking of flying to Rome the day of, and not staying at a hotel the night before. Been to Rome before and the ship’s departure is at 8pm so I thinking I have time to get to the port even in case of delay. Considered booking through Air 2 Sea but they charge a $200 cancellation fee even though Delta doesn’t. So now I’m thinking of just booking the flight myself and taking my chances that even with delays I’ll get to the ship on time. Too risky? 

Especially if you are flying JetBlue! 🤬👎👎

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is very risky especially if you will have a connecting flight.   I would not do this.

Is the price with a2s better than what you get booking yourself?   You mention they charge a cancellation fee.   Do you think you may cancel the cruise or worried about covid tests?   Do they give free cancellation if cancelling because of a positive covid test?   

The price of booking with Air2sea is a few dollars less than booking with Delta directly, but delta doesn’t charge a fee to cancel or change. I’m concerned because my sister is expecting to have major surgery which keeps being postponed. If she is having the surgery that week or if she has had it but is not recuperating well then I would want to stay close to home. I don’t know air2 seas policy regarding Covid but I explained the situation with my sister and that I could provide documentation to that effect, but they still wouldn’t waive the cancellation fee. With that said, it appears that most people advise that I come in the day before anyway, so that is probably what I’ll do and I’ll book with delta directly 

• Like 3

I’m very glad that I posted this question and I’m grateful for all your responses. I took a cruise from Venice years ago and flew in the same day without issues, but I realize now that I was very lucky. Things have changed and I’m now convinced that it is way too risky. So I’ll have to spend an extra day eating delicious food and drinking good Italian wine. Poor me ☺️🤣.!  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I’m very glad that I posted this question and I’m grateful for all your responses. I took a cruise from Venice years ago and flew in the same day without issues, but I realize now that I was very lucky. Things have changed and I’m now convinced that it is way too risky. So I’ll have to spend an extra day eating delicious food and drinking good Italian wine. Poor me ☺️🤣.!  

I think you are making a wise decision. You do NOT want to see the end of your cruise ship sailing without you.

And-plus-also: ROME!!!

Edited by ditmar2007
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 9:56 AM, publicpersona said:

There is nothing in Air2Sea's service description or terms and conditions that guarantee they will get you to the ship on time. Like any travel agency, they will offer rebooking assistance. But they do not guarantee to cover the cost, and certainly do not promise to delay ship's departure for you.

I know there are no guarantees with anything. I have had luggage problems, a2s got it to me, airline no help. I have had RC uber me to the ship, when the flight was late and shuttle service was done. I have had friends flown to the next stop after the ship sailed because of late flights. Air2Sea has been there a lot of times that I personally know of. Nothing in this world, but 1,  is a sure thing, but A2S has worked for me and many cruisers I have met. I take promises and guarantees with a grain of salt. I go more by service and experience that have been proven to me. I am not promoting A2S, but it has always worked for me.

Last weekend, due to delays, I had to run through 3 airports and a train station. That’s just travelling within Europe! No way I would do an intercontinental trip arriving the day of the cruise