Pulpit Rock cruise excursion

davecttr

I booked this some time ago and have a 1.15 pm departure time. The P&O description states 3 hours duration and a stop for waffles and coffee as part of the deal. I am confused as Marine Traffic site has Iona just leaving Stavanger but the excursion vessel with electric drive has not yet returned to Stavanger.  Anyone know what is going on?

I see i could cancel the excursion and get a refund but what is the cutoff date before the cruise departs Southampton?

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Still confused. Is there another excursion boat?

Maybe the stop for waffles etc is after you get off the boat giving you time to get back to the ship and their is another trip to pulpit rock later which is nothing to do with P&O. 

The excursion has two departure times, 9.45am and 1.15pm. I specifically booked the 1.15pm departure as I do not like morning departures. There is no other excursion boat shown on the marine traffic site so the 1.15 departure must have been cancelled by P&O? or maybe not available on the current cruise.

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

The excursion has two departure times, 9.45am and 1.15pm. I specifically booked the 1.15pm departure as I do not like morning departures. There is no other excursion boat shown on the marine traffic site so the 1.15 departure must have been cancelled by P&O? or maybe not available on the current cruise.

Yes but these are P&O excursions. It does not mean to say that the operator does other independent excursion times. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
Not sure about Marine traffic site. Maybe on this cruise they did not have enough takers for the afternoon cruise. Does not mean yours will be cancelled.
  • Like 1

The P&O excursions are guaranteed to wait for you if the excursion is late back, so I don't think there's any reason to cancel based on what you've seen. It's probably just a different boat. 

Looking at the same excursion and note it can done with https://rodne.no/en/fjordcruise/lysefjord-preikestolen/ for about £54 vs £85 through P and 0. Departures at 10am and 12pm.

If we did the earlier departure there is no way we would miss Iona leaving Stavanger, but apart from the obvious cancellation issues should the ship not dock for whatever reason, are there any other thoughts on doing the excursion independently?