Are Azamara's cruises as bad as its customer service?

islandwoman

I feel very disappointed to write this about our favourite cruise line.
With six Azamara cruises under our belt, we should have been joining Onward for a Croatia Intensive cruise from Venice in 3 days time. Before making final payment we checked that the ship was still showing on the port schedule for Marghera only 18 minutes journey from Venice airport.  
We were therefore devastated to receive, only 44 days prior to sailing, notification of the port change from Venice to Ravenna as, because of complex medical conditions we are not able to  travel by coach for two and a half hours to join the ship. We therefore emailed Azamara Customer Services on 5th April  cancelling the booking and requesting a full refund due to this significant change. We provided comprehensive details supported with hospital evidence of our health conditions and received an automated email that they would reach out to us within 7 days. 
Over five weeks later, having emailed again, and also having spoken to an agent on the phone who assured us that we would receive a reply before the sailing date, we have heard nothing although our TA has informed us that Azamara does not regard the change of embark and debark ports as significant and that we will not be eligible for a refund. Presumably Azamara agents are inundated with work to reschedule flights, book hotels and arrange transfers for other guests in order to deal with this "minor change"
We have  received emails from Azamara regarding the latest health protocols, two offers to upgrade, notification of the port switch between Dubrovnik and Kotor, an update regarding the flight and our cruise tickets. The cancellation has obviously not been actioned. 

Having also cruised with Silversea, Seabourn, Regent and Oceania, we actually preferred the atmosphere on Azamara, regarding it as home from home. It is such a shame that shoreside is letting down the fabulous, hardworking crew who do so much to give us the best onboard experience.
So, yes, the onboard experience has always been amazing but sadly our faith in our favourite cruise line has been demolished.
  • Thanks 2

I decided to trying calling Customer Service today. It wasn't bad, I got through after holding about 10 minutes. I told the rep (Ryan) that we had completed our online check-in and printed our boarding passes, but we still have no luggage tags (it says "processing" on the website) and no cruise documents to print. He said some people have them, some don't, just keep checking....

Then I asked him about the Club Continental Suite Perk to use the Spa Terrace and T-pool. He knew "Nothing" about any changes to this, has no idea. Well, that call was a complete waste of time. LOL I guess I won't know about this for sure until on the ship.

Edited by joyride
  • Haha 1