One ArriveCAN or Two

5waldos

My upcoming train tour to White Pass out of Skagway has been cancelled for about a month now.

Maybe the "morons" did figure it out. Don't understand why people have to be so disrespectful to others. 

Edited by klfrodo

Same issue here. NCL requires a completed ariveCAN receipt for Victoria prior to boarding in Seattle. Since we are arriving by cruise ship this needs to be done within 72 hours of embarkation so for my 5/22 cruise it can be done earliest 5/19 even though we are not visiting Victoria until the end of the cruise on 5/29. I have completed my arrivrCan for this literary. But We are visiting Skagway early in the cruise on 5/25. We are planning to rent a car in Skagway and drive up to the Yukon Territory in Canada. The website only allows one arriveCan trip at a time so if I enter the Skagway trip the first Victoria trip will be deleted. 72 hours prior to my Skagway trip would be 5/22 the day the ship leaves. I did call the Canada border control number and asked the question.  After a few back-and-forth discussions the officer did tell me that I do not need two ariveCan entries and I that I can use the one for Victoria but he did not seem confident. Does anyone have any more info? I would hate to be denied entry to Canada in Skagway?

I'm confused on this also.  We embark from Whittier/Anchorage on 6/4.  The first time we will get into Canada is when we take a bus trip into the Yukon out of Skagway on 6/7.Then we get to Victoria on 6/10 and disembark in Vancouver on 6/11.  What's required in ArriveCan?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 4minimark said:

Just as a follow up.  We only needed the one cruise entry ArriveCan.  There was no ArriveCan check when we drove across the border (just passport check).

Of course the ArriveCAN is connected to your passport so they probably checked it at the same time as they checked your passport. 

We also went on a Yukon tour from Skagway yesterday. The passport check was merely a manual one where the border officer came on our minibus and looked at each one. No scanning. The tour operator told us that separate ArriveCan entries were not necessary, and that was our experience.