Does Viking offer “slow walker tours” on its River cruises?

mlbcruiser

On our Emerald cruise line river tour they offered what they referred to as “slow walker tours”. They were basically pretty much the same as their faster paced tours but at a somewhat slower pace. Wondering if Viking offers anything similar?

Yes they do, they call it "leisurely walking tours". Just a matter of demand - they wont do that just for one or two ppl. The differences from the standard tours depend on the destination, might be less distance to walk by skipping sights or more time on the bus.

When we did the optional Medieval Colmar tour, upon arriving in town, we could either tour by walking with a guide, or take a tour by tram.  In our case, we all chose to walk, the the opportunity to ride was there.

Oh that’s good to hear, Annhalter1960! That would work. DH and I might split apart for some of the tours or maybe not. We did it once on emerald but his tour went to the same place as and finished before hours. We had a very wordy and slow tour guide. He had a very funny guy. I imagine there will be a few others who might be a little slower. Sharkster, we saw the tram in Colmar and thought we were walking to get on it. Were looking forward to doing it that way but we were not walking to get on it.🙁  Lovely town, though! Thanks for the replies!.

Edited by mlbcruiser

I actually prefer the “Easy Walker” group on some Viking excursions. I don’t have any trouble walking but we have found the group is generally smaller and the guides quite personable. The cruise director will tell everyone what changes will be made for the easy walker group during the pre dinner briefing each evening and you can decide which you want to do and you just let the front desk know if you prefer the leisure group. You can do leisure group some days and regular on others if you want.