Cancellations on QV summer cruises

delondin

I am hoping our cruise gets cancelled.

V215 Southampton to the Baltics departing on 19 June. 

Our itinerary includes Sweden and Finland and with both expected to apply for NATO membership soon, who knows what Russia may do?

I can no longer find the sailing on the Cunard website.

21 minutes ago, longton said:

Our itinerary includes Sweden and Finland and with both expected to apply for NATO membership soon, who knows what Russia may do?

V215 is still showing in the background as sold out, but you can only see that if you type the cruise title in the search field at the top of the Cunard Page, it doesnt show if you just try filtering under sold out, if that helps.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:44 AM, LibertyBella said:

I doubt very much there is any focus on individuals or their cruise costs. Some cruisers demand certain cabins and will not allow any changes.  That may have been fine in the past, but when the ship needs to make large scale decisions (e.g. all deck 5 reserved for covid quarantine), if you are a passenger who is not flexible and cannot be moved, or by bad luck your cabin is part of the quarantine area, then yes, cancellations become the final decisions.  

The Covid challenges are continuing and cruise lines are attempting to navigate risky travel times.  They, more than any of us travelers, wish times would get back to normal! 

In these days of constant change, if one trip gets cancelled, I just book something else and put my cancelled trip on the future travel bucket list.  So far the list includes China (yes, my tour was booked, some money still with tour company), Mexico cruise (booked and refunded), my brother's Baltic cruise (refunded), my other brother's eastern European tour (booked and company has money) Iceland (also booked and refunded), Viking cruise (also booked and I have a lot of cruise credit).  

What have I learned?  Do not plan too far in advance, be very flexible, patient and calm, go with the flow, don't extend too much money out if the trip is shaky, and enjoy my travels wherever I end up going!!

Unfortunately not everyone is in a position to reschedule with work etc and be so flexible waiting for refunds. Some people need their money back before they can rebook.  Not everyone is lucky enough to say well just book something else,  if all your money is tied up, and no definitive date for the return. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, delondin said:

Unfortunately not everyone is in a position to reschedule with work etc and be so flexible waiting for refunds. Some people need their money back before they can rebook.  Not everyone is lucky enough to say well just book something else,  if all your money is tied up, and no definitive date for the return. 

Spot on. I think a lot of retired people have forgotten there are plenty of us still working  Cunard fans who save up hard while still working. If our cruse gets cancelled, that's it for a holiday this year. A late booking would be the only chance and only if a refund was in the bank.  My family are unable to just swap time off at a drop of a hat. It has to be booked in and signed off and rarely could it be changed. I wish people would consider others in their comments, it's seems very me, me these days 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 10:18 PM, longton said:

We are on this cruise too. My youngest son quipped that we were going into an active war zone - oh how we laughed…

We spoke to Cunard a couple of days ago to confirm that neither we nor the cruise were cancelled. 
When booking, they were aiming for 80-85% occupancy - no doubt that is closer to 70% after the crew issues.