Avoid Explorer of the Seas

48 minutes ago, baelor said:

Disney's upcharge for Genie+ is $10-20 per person.  That is not really "paying through the nose."

Except that I can remember when not so long ago, you could pay about $40 per day for Park Hopper passes and you got the use of Fastpass for free, so yes, that is "through the nose" to me.  

But bringing this back on-topic to cruising, I do agree with you - I pay for a service when I see that the value I receive is worth the cost.  Wen the service I get is not as promised and the value is not as much as what I payed, I will complain and seek concessions.  I would do this whether I paid $4000 for a cruise or $4 to visit my local state park.

6 hours ago, baelor said:

No.  Bad.  Incorrect.  Wrong.  And ridiculous, to boot.

Cruises are a service.  You pay money in exchange for that service.  That money could have gone to another service, like Airbnb, a chartered boat, a hotel, an all-inclusive resort, or whatever other thing you want to spend money on for vacation.

Everyone should count their blessings, but the blessing here is having the money in the first place.  The reasoning that people should accept sub-par products they paid for is complete insanity.  If my cabin steward punches me in the face, should I still consider myself blessed?  What if my server spits in my food or negligently gives me food I am allergic to?  What if I get bedbugs?  Where exactly is the line here?

Disney's upcharge for Genie+ is $10-20 per person.  That is not really "paying through the nose."

Everything is a service.  He's still blessed to be able to cruise.  There are billions who can not travel, count your blessing.

1 hour ago, Plum Happy said:

Everything is a service.  He's still blessed to be able to cruise.  There are billions who can not travel, count your blessing.

No, everything is not a service.  As I said, the blessing is in having money to cruise, not in spending money for a subpar service, cruise or not.

Edited by baelor

11 hours ago, baelor said:

No, everything is not a service.  As I said, the blessing is in having money to cruise, not in spending money for a subpar service, cruise or not.

Dude, everyone who work is doing a service.  No matter the job, it's a service for someone.

On 5/12/2022 at 4:39 PM, njkruzer said:

On Jewel TA now, ending tomorrow.  No staffing complaints. 

That doesn't mean it didn't happen in March when I cruised! I actually canceled my transatlantic on Jewel in October because it was so bad. Rebooked TA on Odyssey.

5 hours ago, Plum Happy said:

Dude, everyone who work is doing a service.  No matter the job, it's a service for someone.

And not everything is working, which is the point.  If I were getting a free cruise, I would not really have the same case.

We were on the Explorer 3 weeks ago from San Juan to Miami.  There was some short staff areas but overall we had a great time.  Super cabin guy and table staff.   That said the entertainment was not very good.