AirCanada checkin refuses covid test "day before"

CruisinFinsUp

Hubby has to fly to US for work.  Flight today 3:45pm. 
He has a negative result taken yesterday morning. 
Checkin asked for date ant time of test, he input, it denied as "too early". 

Any advice?    He has booked another test just now that he'll goto if he has to, but this is nuts. 
Thanks

Wow, that's weird...this is taken from AC website and is for travel to the US:

All travellers regardless of their vaccination status must have an original printed or electronic negative COVID-19 viral test result (NAAT: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, NEAR, HDA, SDA, CRISPR, or Antigen: Rapid, Viral, Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay, Antigen Chemiluminescence Immunoassay, or Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence). The test must be taken a maximum of 1 day before the first scheduled departure time in the flight itinerary (if a flight is at 1 pm on a Friday, travellers could board with a COVID-19 negative test that was taken any time on the prior Thursday).

It clearly shows a test can be taken anytime the previous day. Maybe skip that bit and take the test to the airport.

We have always taken our test first thing in the morning and flown the next day in the afternoon and never had an issue.

I know. We checked ALL that !  And the CDC website.   Day before worked for us in March when we travelled - checkin worked fine.

Today the checkin process would not let him continue.   He didn't want to risk some idiot at checkin.  

He is at shoppers getting another test.......   I guess someone at Air Canada messed up the programming ......

4 minutes ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

I know. We checked ALL that !  And the CDC website.   Day before worked for us in March when we travelled - checkin worked fine.

Today the checkin process would not let him continue.   He didn't want to risk some idiot at checkin.  

He is at shoppers getting another test.......   I guess someone at Air Canada messed up the programming ......

Hopefully he won't run into the same problem with the new test. Have either of you spoken to AC to ensure that there isn't a glitch in the system? It might be worth calling to ensure that he won't be rejected again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Hopefully he won't run into the same problem with the new test. Have either of you spoken to AC to ensure that there isn't a glitch in the system? It might be worth calling to ensure that he won't be rejected again.

Thanks.  It worked with the "same day" test.  So something changed to deny "prior day >24 hours" tests!!    If the same day test was rejected we would have called.  It was either sit on hold then risk them not being able to fix it, then not be able to get another test cause no appts avail anymore before he had to get to the airport....    or just run to get another test!   Busy morning!!😆

He is now on the flight!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Thanks.  It worked with the "same day" test.  So something changed to deny "prior day >24 hours" tests!!    If the same day test was rejected we would have called.  It was either sit on hold then risk them not being able to fix it, then not be able to get another test cause no appts avail anymore before he had to get to the airport....    or just run to get another test!   Busy morning!!😆

He is now on the flight!

Busy morning indeed! I'm glad that it all worked out OK today, but it would be nice to know if it was a one-off issue or a new check-in system issue. If the latter, I'm sure we'll read something here on CC or see something in the media.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Eagle 44 said:

Please help?

We will take the covid test in the morning for our late afternoon flight on Thursday and then use the same covid test for our RCCL cruise in Saturday. Will this work?

Yes...did for me in March.