The Haven Service versus other Lines First Class

We are trying to get a feel for rooms and amenities within the Haven as compared to other lines first class sailing areas such as Royal Star Class or Celebrity retreat. We’ve done Royal Star class with Royal Genie service. Is the Haven Butler service similar. Can you get room service from any specialty restaurant? Do different rooms within the Haven reservation system bring different or more service than the other? Any help is appreciated. 

Hi @Kathleen Kruiser, @Sthrngarywrote an absolutely amazing introduction to the Haven on these boards. I'd suggest reading every one of the posts - I learned so much in advance of my first Haven cruise. Click here for the link.

I'm going to put a shameless plug for my review of the cruise too. I explain my husband and I's experience on NCL's Getaway from NYC to Bermuda in April of this year. I hope you enjoy and aren't bored!

The amazing Gary's post will answer your question on the "more service" as Deluxe Owner Suites do receive a certain amount of free booze in the room that no other Haven room receives. Have Spa Balconies receive free access to the thermal suite - anyone else in the Haven has to purchase this pass like everyone else on the boat.

You can get room service with no service fee from any restaurant on board, but you'll have to pay for the meal, or use your Free at Sea, if you order from a specialty restaurant.

Can't speak to the difference between a genie and butler, but Gary's post does (or maybe his older Haven post does...one of them does).

Happy dance if you book the Haven!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The food in the Haven restaurant , on the ships that have a separate Haven restaurant is much better than Costal Kitchen. We personally prefer Haven restaurant to Luminae on Celebrity as we find Luminae selections weird. The service is fantastic. The concierge service is personalized. We love being brought down before a show. In the restaurant we can pre order our dinner so we can finish in time and then come back for dessert after. We don’t ask much from our butler except to specifically ask  for certain afternoon snacks or switch up our pillow selection. We like that the sundeck has much more shade than the retreat. The only suite sundeck I like better is Princess Sanctuary. But you have to be very lucky to sign up for it and you have to pay extra. The entertainment on Royal Caribbean is the best with NCL a close second. Unless you have the genie , a regular suite on Royal doesn’t compare to NCL suite service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The food in the Haven restaurant , on the ships that have a separate Haven restaurant is much better than Costal Kitchen. We personally prefer Haven restaurant to Luminae on Celebrity as we find Luminae selections weird. The service is fantastic. The concierge service is personalized. We love being brought down before a show. In the restaurant we can pre order our dinner so we can finish in time and then come back for dessert after. We don’t ask much from our butler except to specifically ask  for certain afternoon snacks or switch up our pillow selection. We like that the sundeck has much more shade than the retreat. The only  sundeck I like better is Princess Sanctuary. But you have to be very lucky to sign up for it and you have to pay extra. The entertainment on Royal Caribbean is the best with NCL a close second. Unless you have the genie , a regular suite on Royal doesn’t compare to NCL suite service.

Just got off the Breakaway in the Haven. Apart from the excellent dining and services, we arrived at the port and the lines were out the door to get in. We saw a little Haven booth outside and walked over and we were on the ship and having a drink in the Haven bar in less than 10 minutes, no kidding. That’s with them checking COVID testing and all. That’s worth the cost alone LOL all the stress is taken out of the vacation 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1