Medallion net purchase: same price on embarkation day? any pre cruise cutoff date

aprilsp88

Hi,

I can never get consistent answer from Princess.

I vaguely remember there is a 5 day cutoff day for pre-cruise medallion net purchase?

Has anyone purchase it on embarkation day with the same pre-cruise discounted price?

Thanks,

April

There is no cut off day that I know of.

I’ve purchased 2 or 3 days before sail dates As well purchasing  on ship during embarkation day ( my medallion wasn’t working) all with captain’s circle discounts.  My brother also has purchased on embarkation day at port (off ship) , again with discount. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wen_c82 said:

My brother also has purchased on embarkation day at port (off ship) , again with discount. 

@wen_c82Wen,

Thanks for the quick response and info. There are 2 discounts, pre-cruise ($5/day) and captain circle (50% off). Are you able to get pre-cruise discount at embarkation day?

Thanks,

April

Edited by aprilsp88

Hi April 

I get Captain circle discount (50%) automatically when purchasing in Medallion app so don’t know anything about pre-cruise discount that you mentioned above. 

As far as I know you can cancel purchase on board if decide not to use internet  although have never done it before. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

Hi,

I can never get consistent answer from Princess.

I vaguely remember there is a 5 day cutoff day for pre-cruise medallion net purchase?

Has anyone purchase it on embarkation day with the same pre-cruise discounted price?

Thanks,

April

Princess was supposed to be honoring the pre-cruise pricing on embarkation Day One and this was due to the pre-cruise purchasing in MC App not applying the 50% discount if eligible and difficulties getting to someone at Princess to order on the phone.  Now that MC App is fixed, IDK if they are still honoring that and no live reports.  The other poster here is talking about the 5r0% discount for eligible guests and that does apply pre-cruise or on-board no matter what plan or price you have. 

What you really want is someone who does not have the PLUS fare package and who ordered internet on board Day 1 and whether they were charged $10/pp/day or $15/pp/day list price for single-device or $20/pp/day or $25/pp/day for the 4-device package. 

I'd be interesting in knowing if the policy is still active.  You may have to see the Internet Cafe Mgr and inquire.  The MC App is going to show the price on embarkation, but IDK 100% what it is these days.

I presume you are trying to pay for Internet using OBC.  Otherwise, no reason not to order in advance. 

• Thanks 1

I did not have Plus. I had medallion app on two phones, 1 for each guest. I purchased net on one phone 1day before embarkation and had the $5/day/device price. On the day of embarkation, I used another phone and it shows $7.5/day/device price.  Both show 50% elite/platinum discount. One with preboarding discount price.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1