Vigeland Park--take tram? or bus?

Plan to go to the Vigeland   Started researching, says take tram 12?   Where do I purchase tickets?  download app or a kiosk nearby port.  Arriving on Enchanted Princess in August.    Or is the bus a better choice?    Thank you

Gosh, I can’t recall whether I was on a bus or a tram.  Or maybe even a subway.  But I do recall buying my ticket at a 7-11 convenience store near the pier.  I actually spent most of the morning exploring sites nearer the ship on foot.  Then I still had a lot of time, so I bought a transit pass at the 7-11 store.  I used it for the ride from near the pier to Vigeland Park (which I totally loved, by the way).  Then I rode transportation from there to the Viking Museum in the Bygdoy area.   Then I rode a water shuttle from near that museum back to the pier area, very near my ship.  I’m pretty sure the transit pass I bought covered all of this transit.   A very nice day. 

I will look at my notes and see if I wrote out the transit details and will update this if I have anything useful. 

Update:  I don’t have anything in my notes.  I must have “winged it” on the ground. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

It's very easy to buy tickets and plan your journey using the Ruter app, which you should be able to download in advance. For more information:

https://ruter.no/en/buying-tickets/

If you plan to do multiple stops during the day a 24 hour ticket might be your best choice. 

(Not neccessarily relevant for you, but for future reference since a lot of the readers of this forum falls into this demographic: "The senior discount applies to: Everyone aged 67 or above and Spouses/registered partners travelling together with the person entitled to a senior discount")

The 12 tram would, as you have identified, be a good choice. It runs fairly frequently and you will get to see some nice parts of the city on your way. (You could also go via bus or subway depending on where you wanna go first or next, but from where you most likely will dock I'd take the tram)

• Like 4

Hi, think we might be on the same cruise! I’ve been working out a route and using public transport worked out using tram 12 from near city hall - a few hundred metres from the cruise terminal, going to Vigeland and then bus to museum Island and ferry to Opera house/ Munch museum. Check out the Oslo Pass which includes transport and museum entrance depending on where you want to visit. 

• Like 1