Found a new lingerie thing-a-ma-bob

Jane110

Hi all,

I went to a lingerie trade show today. Saw thousands of the most gorgeous bra's, panty's, nighties from hundreds of companies. Such fun!

So reflecting on some of the recent threads here, I saw a company that makes a small silicon disc to wear inside the bra to keep nipples from showing through. This same company also makes small silicon strips that you place where the bone in your bra ends because it tends to irriatate some women. I don't recall the name of the company, but it's good to know someone is coming up with solutions.

I also saw the latest version of the press on bra. Unlike the other "chicken cutlet" look-a-likes, this one is covered in fabric and has a boned underseam. The company guarantee's that it's good for at least 50 wearings. The model wearing it looked to be about a C cup and it seemed to support her well. She said she had no worries about it falling off and she had been wearing it all day. The company has a patent and will be coming out next year with swimwear with the same "bra" top for no strap tanning.

For myself, I found the best thingamabob. I HATE when bra straps show out from tank tops and/or racer back tanks and though I have a few bra's w/ convertible straps that I can wear with them, I don't like having to wear a special bra just for those tops.

The item is called The Strapper and it's a curved 'H' shape piece of plastic that holds your bra straps together in the back and you can slide it high or low depending on your top. Just don't forget to loosen your bra straps before using it. I know it's sold in some stores, but I think it may be ordered from their website also. www.thestrapper.com

It comes in small and large and the owner of the company said that the large is most popular because it's easier to use without someone's help. The small and large is dependant on strap thickness, not cup size. She was modeling it wearing a 32B bra and the large worked just fine.

Thought you might like to know....

Jane

That strapper thing sounds like a winner. My Mom might be a candidate. She doesn't like sports bras, but is so limited in what she can wear to the gym because most yoga tops ect have the racer back. I may see if I can find her one of these things next year when I go birthday shopping for her. I could get her a strapper and some nifty work-out wear.

Let us know if you know who will be carrying it nationwide... Dillards, Target, Victoria's Secrets??? Only Specialty Stores????

Take care

Hi all,

I went to a lingerie trade show today. Saw thousands of the most gorgeous bra's, panty's, nighties from hundreds of companies. Such fun!

So reflecting on some of the recent threads here, I saw a company that makes a small silicon disc to wear inside the bra to keep nipples from showing through.

Jane, what fun. I love buying new lingerie!

I just bought some of these at Dillards on Thursday. They come in a decent case for storage, and you just wash them with soap and water after usage. I am going to try them out on the cruise with some of my tanks with those attached bras and also my silk halter dress. I have a tendency to get cold in air conditioned places, so I am hoping they work.

I also bought a set of stick-on bra cups that I am going to try out. They will be great to wear with tops and dresses that are cut too low, etc. for a regular bra.

Thanks for the info.

Seems like the device would be just as much trouble to hook on the bra - I'd rather just grab my racerback. But, if you don't have any racerback bras, then I guess it would be just the ticket.

Nope, it's really simple! I was able to do it behind my back with no problem.

By all means stick to your racerback bra if you prefer. I didn't post this to get anyone to change. It's not an either/or - and I'm not trying to persuade anyone. I'm just passing along info on a nifty little item that works well.

Someone else posted on here the other day about the silicone discs and I found them at Walmart, of all places. They were $9 for one set and are supposed to be good for up to 25 wearings. I bought them and will let you all know how they work. I also bought a couple packs of the 'posies' but haven't tried them yet.

Someone else posted on here the other day about the silicone discs and I found them at Walmart, of all places. They were $9 for one set and are supposed to be good for up to 25 wearings. I bought them and will let you all know how they work. I also bought a couple packs of the 'posies' but haven't tried them yet.

Great! Though if they go inside your bra, I would think that they'd be good for unlimited wearings since they're tight between your skin and the fabric of the bra. However, manufacturer's of items like this would rather undersell the guarantee rather than oversell and have happy customers.

OK...I thought I'd try these silicone things out today. I'm wearing a close fitting white ribbed mock turtle neck sweater and a nude colored bra. I put the silicone things on, put my bra on then my sweater. Thankfully I have on a jacket!:o I just looked in the mirror (wish I'd checked ONE more time BEFORE leaving the house!) and I look like I have HUGE nipples:eek: You can't see my actual nipple, but you CAN see the outline of the silicone thing. Needless to say, I'm going home at lunch and taking them off...:(

Thanks so much for the tip. I just went to the website and bought the package of 7.....4 large and 3 small. I thought my 2 daughters could use the smalls, while I take the large! I can't wait for them to arrive!

Ollie:)

Thanks so much for the tip. I just went to the website and bought the package of 7.....4 large and 3 small. I thought my 2 daughters could use the smalls, while I take the large! I can't wait for them to arrive!

Ollie:)

Ollie,

Let me know what your daughters think of the small ones. I'm a 34B and bought the large ones for myself because the woman I bought them from said they are easier to use on oneself. However, some of my summer tops are very thin fabric, so I'd rather use the smaller one.

Jane

Glad to hear it's sold at Target.

I bought a set of three at the show, black, white & nude and now I'm sorry I didn't buy more as little gifties for friends. But I'm not giving away any of mine!

Jane

After finding them on Target's web site I tried to find them in the store with no luck. And since I leave this Sat for our first cruise no time to order. Anyway Target has them but it appears it is an internet only item.:(

I ordered these from the web-site after seeing this post and they came this weekend. I had them laying on the bar, my daughter seen them and on the spot put one on her bra. That night she said thanks, she loves them. I should have told her they were for me. I guess I will have to buy me a set now.

What a shame they didn't work.

Couldn't you just take them out in the lady's room?

Jane

Not really...they're silicone and sticky on the 'body' side. I didn't have the case for them and nowhere to put them. I work with mostly all men and didn't want to wander through my office carrying them or have them sitting around! At least I had a jacket to wear over my sweater.

I already embarrassed myself last week...I went to the restroom to change to go to the gym and as I wandered through my office among all the guys, I didn't realize my bra was dangling from my clothes and out there for EVERYONE to see. Nobody said a thing about it, but I was rather embarrassed!:o

Not really...they're silicone and sticky on the 'body' side. I didn't have the case for them and nowhere to put them.

My sick mind has come up for all kinds of office uses!!!

I do amuse myself! LOL!!! (sorry i digress)

:rolleyes: Well,I suppose I could have used them for tape...they're about that sticky! But with the guys that I work with and their sick little minds, it was better to just let it go!

I wish they would have worked...I'm trying the posies next...I'll keep you posted. I may just be destined to wander with my 'headlights on'!!!:o

Archived