Calling home from the Majesty?

embradley

This might sounds like a stupid question but DB wants to know if he would be able to call his parents back at home from the cabin? If so, how much does it usually cost? Can you use International calling cards? We have cellphones but we didnt want to carry them with us..any help?

BTW, we are on the Majesty 3/25. Thanks!:D

This might sounds like a stupid question but DB wants to know if he would be able to call his parents back at home from the cabin? If so, how much does it usually cost? Can you use International calling cards? We have cellphones but we didnt want to carry them with us..any help?

BTW, we are on the Majesty 3/25. Thanks!:D

NCL has direct dial for $7.00 per minute charged to your ship board account. Don't use an international calling card since you will be charged both for that card and the time on the phone from the ship. My cell phone works while in Port in most ports at much less. You can sometimes find an internet and phone service near the ship in port for much less.

Wow $7.00 a minute is expensive..figured it would be though. Email would be good if his parents actually knew how to use a computer:rolleyes: They are very "old school" I guess...But I checked the Cingular website and they said they have international roaming in Grand Cayman for $1.99/min and Cozumel for .99/min. So I guess he will just keep the cell off until we get into a port. Thanks guys!:)

Wow $7.00 a minute is expensive..figured it would be though. Email would be good if his parents actually knew how to use a computer:rolleyes: They are very "old school" I guess...But I checked the Cingular website and they said they have international roaming in Grand Cayman for $1.99/min and Cozumel for .99/min. So I guess he will just keep the cell off until we get into a port. Thanks guys!:)

Make sure you call cingular and activate it before you leave:

Before leaving the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-866-CINGULAR or visit a retail store to activate international roaming or international long distance.

NOTE: Your payment history and the length of time you've been a Cingular customer will be factors which determine your eligibility for this service.

I dont know about the majesty, but i remember cingular customers had phone service on the dawn for 1.99 a min. via ships cell. This is a lot cheaper than the 7.99 min from the ship.

This is wrong, but i know someone that use to do this on trips. She would call her mother in nyc from calif after her flight home and would call collect. When they ask for your name durning a collect call she would say IMA KAY. When the operator said "would u accept a call from IMA KAY" her mother would know she was okay say no to the collect call and hang up.

Archived