GALVESTON ATTRACTIONS, info, please...

firstcruiserDB

We'll be staying at the Harbor House after our June cruise for one evening. We will not have a car, but we'd like to see some of what Galveston has to offer.

How far are we from the attractions? Are we within walking distance of The Strand? I think I've read that there's a trolley to take us around. Is that the best way to go? A cab? Can we walk to a great seafood restaurant?

Please advise....We will sure appreciate any help you can offer!

I can't answer much, but don't believe you can walk to the strand. There is a great seafood restaurant within walking distance that is supposed to be excellent, forgot name, only been to Galveston once. Will know more soon, we leave next Sunday. It is not within walking distance to the beach. Seawall Blvd-you should go there. There are lots of places within walking distance. It was a happening place on Saturday during Labor Day weekend. We love Galveston. :D :D

You will be right across the street from the Strand. There is a trolley but I am not sure of the times it runs or where you can get on it. There are several restaurants right along the pier and also across the street in the Strand area. There is also the hurricane museum along the pier and the tall ship Elissa. This website has alot of information about Galveston http://www.galveston.com/

Archived