Information about Blue Lagoon Iceland

The Blue Lagoon will be our last stop of a day of touring. We’d like to know what to take & more. I assume they have changing rooms & lockers. I’m wondering if we will need water shoes to walk from there to the lagoon. What else should we take with us? We appreciate any information you can give us so we’ll be prepared!

• Like 1

It's been a couple of years, and I was not with a cruise tour, but if I remember, there is a changing room with lockers.  You have to shower before getting in.  After going from the changing room/showers, there is another area just outside of the lagoon to leave your towel and flip flops (what I had).

If you want to take pictures, I would recommend taking a waterproof phone case.  Otherwise, you don't really need anything else.

9 minutes ago, missnd said:

It's been a couple of years, and I was not with a cruise tour, but if I remember, there is a changing room with lockers.  You have to shower before getting in.  After going from the changing room/showers, there is another area just outside of the lagoon to leave your towel and flip flops (what I had).

If you want to take pictures, I would recommend taking a waterproof phone case.  Otherwise, you don't really need anything else.

Thank you! One more question, did you take your flip flops or did they provide them? I’m assuming they were yours. Great info!

45 minutes ago, joyy7403 said:

Thank you! One more question, did you take your flip flops or did they provide them? I’m assuming they were yours. Great info!

They don't include flip flops. If you'd like some, you have to bring your own, but flip flops or water shoes really aren't required. The bottom of the lagoon is paved and pretty smooth. On top of that, you really won't be doing much walking outside of the water. The walk from the main door to the lagoon is about 30 to 50 feet. It can get cold on your feet, but it's not awful. There's also a side entrance to the lagoon inside the building. It's a small little path of water, so you can enter the hot lagoon water inside and then walk outside without being exposed to the cold air / pavement. 

• Like 2

Before getting in, completely smother your hair in the conditioner provided and tie it up to keep it out the water. Also be aware you need to shower naked then put your swimming costume on. There’s not a whole lot of privacy. I was worried how my teens would react but they just got on with it. When in Iceland…… 

On 5/18/2022 at 3:02 AM, Scottishclover said:

Before getting in, completely smother your hair in the conditioner provided and tie it up to keep it out the water. Also be aware you need to shower naked then put your swimming costume on. There’s not a whole lot of privacy. I was worried how my teens would react but they just got on with it. When in Iceland…… 

So there are no private showers? 😝

19 hours ago, Choozin Croozin said:

So there are no private showers? 😝

There are a couple of them.  Folks stand out more by using those than just joining the crowd in the general showers.  They aren't coed, no one cares what you look like

• Like 1

Agree with above. We were there in summer 2020 after things had just opened up. We were the only foreigners amongst a lot of locals. Nobody bothers. Let’s face it, you will never see anybody there again.  Just shrug off your inhibitions and go for it!

20 hours ago, achan1524 said:

Transportation from cruise port to blue lagoon

Is this a question?

We aren't Google here, just people like you.  If you have a question feel free to spell it out with as many details as possible.

If you don't want to do that I can direct you to check their website for transportation options, if that is your question