Pride of America Summer 2022

amyh13

20 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I think the biggest concern is when multiple parties are traveling in more than one cabin and are past final payment date.  Worst case scenario is one cabin gets cancelled but the others don't.  Now what?

Very good point. Can you refresh my memory please; when is final payment due for an October POA cruise? Since NCL is on record saying they are limiting sailings and cancelling people who are already booked thru the end of October, I would certainly hope that NCL would notify all effected prior to final payment.

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Very good point. Can you refresh my memory please; when is final payment due for an October POA cruise? Since NCL is on record saying they are limiting sailings and cancelling people who are already booked thru the end of October, I would certainly hope that NCL would notify all effected prior to final payment.

Generally during June (i.e. four months out).  I'm not going to buy that (expensive) lottery ticket.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Generally during June (i.e. four months out).  I'm not going to buy that (expensive) lottery ticket.

Thanks, so 120 days is what NCL is currently using as final payment deadline. I can cut NCL some slack in that PoA is a unique vessel with very unique challenges, but NCL will lose a great deal of credibility in my world if they accept final payment and then cancel folks. I get that they can issue FCC with no expiration date, but there is a lot that goes into a Hawaiian holiday and NCL is already on record saying cancellations are forth coming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

NCL is already on record saying cancellations are forth coming.

Yep.  It's strange business, but Covid has made it a strange world.  In return, I've just gone on record as saying that my cancellation is forth coming.  I'll be on the phone in the morning.  Need to free up some SW points and Hyatt points for other adventures.  I've heard that New England is very nice in the fall. 😎

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've heard that New England is very nice in the fall. 😎

It is!! Off topic, but we spent most of October in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons last year. Felt like we had the park to ourselves. We started the trip in shorts and T's and by the end of October there was snow on the ground, but I'd do that again over fighting insane crowds during the summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

I have to wonder about the future of this business model.  

Me too.  Higher prices and lower levels of service may not offset the uniqueness of the HI itinerary forever.  I really wish that NCL would establish a longer itinerary that sails to and from the West Coast with the cursory stop in Mexico.  That would likely solve a lot of the challenges.

• Like 4