2023 World Cruise on Costa Deliziosa

Pelican1001

My husband and I are booked on the 2023 World cruise on Costa. Can anyone who was on a Costa World cruise before share their experience with us? For example, were there trivia quizzes? If so, how were they managed in different languages? Dis the cruise have organized duplicate bridge games on sea days? How did the internet work? Was it reliable? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have done partial legs of the world cruise ... the quizzes are in different languages - so one question will be given in Italian, then French, then spanish then English and German.  The translation is a bit dubious lol and sometimes hard to understand - i think they just use google translate and try and pronounce words that sometimes you cannot comprehend. They do ask at the start to put your hand up to each language and use that as a guide to which translations are needed.  I didnt play bridge - we took our own travel games and played in one of the lounges - other people joined us and we have friends that we still keep in touch with through these games. The internet was woeful ..... very very slow and very expensive.

2 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

I didnt play bridge - we took our own travel games and played in one of the lounges - other people joined us and we have friends that we still keep in touch with through these games. The internet was woeful ..... very very slow and very expensive.

Are you on the 23 cruise? Do  you play Rummy-cube. Would bring my game if there is somebody to play it with?

Concerning Internet, I have been on cruises but not a world cruise and quality mostly depends on the area and it is sadly always expensive. On a cruise to Australia and New Zealand HAL actually refunded some of my money - by no way compensating for the time I was not able to use it, but an admittance of the lousy service provided.

On the whole I thought the entertainment team did a terrific job.  The shows were enjoyable although lasted less than a hour each night. There were plenty of games, dances, exercise classes etc... on pool deck.   The lounges had destination lectures and trivia every day and there were craft classes etc... every day.  

• Like 1