My time dining reservation on app

Hello cruisers!

it’s been a while since our last cruise and more is on the app and things change so….

I just booked on the Allure for October 2022. I see on the app that my travel agent did indeed sign us up for MTD. So that’s good. 
My question is, when can I make the actual ressie? When I go to the app I see the place where I could do it but the button you would click to reserve a time isn’t highlighted so nothing happens. We’ve always made ressies before we are on the ship, usually for 7-7:15 every night. 
Should I be able to do this? I haven’t prepaid my tips, is that it? I usually do that too but I just haven’t gotten there yet. I would think being mid May that it isn’t too early to book something. 
Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

TIA

oh! And I should say that I called RC and she couldn’t do it and honestly she didn’t sound like she knew anything about this. 

Edited by dizgal64

59 minutes ago, dizgal64 said:

We’ve always made ressies before we are on the ship, usually for 7-7:15 every night. 
Should I be able to do this?

Yes, but in the web browser planner, not in the app. The app will only work after you board and connect to the ship's Wi-Fi.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Floater4life said:

I'm on a cruise in mid-August.  I wanted to make my time res but couldn't. I paid final payment with my future credits recently and BAM I could make res.  

That is just coincidence or an RCI IT issue - MTD bookings don't depend on final payment.

37 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, but in the web browser planner, not in the app. The app will only work after you board and connect to the ship's Wi-Fi.

YES!!! Thank you thank you thank you!! That was it. I just did all 8 days. 
And just to clarify, I have not prepaid my gratuities and I have not made final payment. 
thanks again! 

• Like 1

Follow up to the original question...  I made My Time reservations, but the times were not desirable, rather closest to what we wanted that were available, some off by almost 2 hours.  What are the chances of being able to change them to what we want, or at least closer to it,  once onboard?