Odyssey of the Seas Dec 17-22 Cancelled

I have not received an email yet but one of my family members did.  They are cancelling the last day so it is now going to be a 6 day cruise not 7.  I called Royal Caribbean and they have no idea what is going on.  Trying to call my travel agent now.

Is this impacting the Odyssey Dec 11-17th cruise?  The blog states the Dec 17th departure will depart a day earlier which would be the 16th but our cruise was not returning until the 17th. We have not received any e: mail about this. 

2 hours ago, Ilparrothead said:

I have not received an email yet but one of my family members did.  They are cancelling the last day so it is now going to be a 6 day cruise not 7.  I called Royal Caribbean and they have no idea what is going on.  Trying to call my travel agent now.

Got 2 Royal Cruises last yr reduced by a Day from 8 to 7. Received no reduction in Cost or FCC provided. Choice to keep new Cruise as is or Refund of Deposit. Could be this or a Charter.. Good Luck with your's

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, Ilparrothead said:

Could you find out from your family member what is in the email?  We're trying to figure out alternatives.  This is also being complicated for us as we booked with FCC which expires at the end of the year.  

1 hour ago, thrifty99 said:

Is this impacting the Odyssey Dec 11-17th cruise?  The blog states the Dec 17th departure will depart a day earlier which would be the 16th but our cruise was not returning until the 17th. We have not received any e: mail about this. 

Dec 11, 6 night cruise is still for sale on Royal's website. 

odyssey1.PNG

Edited by WheresWalter

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Got 2 Royal Cruises last yr reduced by a Day from 8 to 7. Received no reduction in Cost or FCC provided. Choice to keep new Cruise as is or Refund of Deposit. Could be this or a Charter.. Good Luck with your's

This is what the RC Blog posted as compensation :

Royal Caribbean will reimburse passengers for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as flight, train ticket, or rental car). 

• If they stay on Odyssey: up to $300 USD per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $500 USD per guest for International changes.
  •  
  • If they pick another sailing: up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD per guest for International changes.
Edited by Plum Happy

The email said they were reducing the cruise from 7 days to 6 days.  They are still departing on the 17th but will be back in port on the 23rd as opposed to the 24th.  If you keep the cruise as is they will give each cabin an extra $200 OBC and and extra $50 for each 3rd and 4th passenger.  I was on with my TA for an hour.  She was a pitbull trying to get answers from an RC rep.  She was able to finally get confirmation that it will be a 6 day cruise.  They said to wait a few days for the website to update the information on accounts so it doesn't show cancelled anymore and we are able to make  reservations for dinner, excursions etc.

15 minutes ago, Ilparrothead said:

The email said they were reducing the cruise from 7 days to 6 days.  They are still departing on the 17th but will be back in port on the 23rd as opposed to the 24th.  If you keep the cruise as is they will give each cabin an extra $200 OBC and and extra $50 for each 3rd and 4th passenger.  I was on with my TA for an hour.  She was a pitbull trying to get answers from an RC rep.  She was able to finally get confirmation that it will be a 6 day cruise.  They said to wait a few days for the website to update the information on accounts so it doesn't show cancelled anymore and we are able to make  reservations for dinner, excursions etc.

Actually according to the RC Blog article referenced above, they are starting the Dec 17 and Dec 24 cruises one day early. So the only cruise that would be affected would be the one that was supposed to arrive back on the 17. If this information is correct, we will still be able to have a 7 day cruise starting on the 16th not the 17th. 

Just got off the phone with our travel agent. She confirmed our sailing will now be Dec 16-23. We had to rebook on the new cruise, we have the exact same cabin as the original sailing. 

If you're on the Dec. 17th sailing, just call your TA at your earliest convenience to have them transfer you to the new cruise, now sailing Friday, Dec. 16th. 

Theoretically, we are booked on this "new" sailing, but as of yet, we don't have any paperwork to show the new dates and the Royal website still shows the cruise as cancelled.  Hopefully, it will all sort itself out in a few days.  We did have a few onboard things booked which I assume will likely have been cancelled and need to be rebooked.  

official RCL email

Due to a berthing conflict in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we've made some modifications to our itinerary planning. As a result, the December 17th, 2022 through December 31st, 2022 departures for Odyssey of the Seas have been revised, and we've adjusted its itineraries. This means that our upcoming December 17th, 2022 Odyssey of the Seas sailing will now return a day earlier than originally planned. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your cruise.”

It is now Dec 17-23! No Coco Cay. 

C13C52A5-B22B-4B6D-8CB5-A46D9E0511C3.png

Edited by TravelMommyof2

It’s too bad they are telling people conflicting information about the Dec 17th cruise. But it seems the official e:mail may be what is actually happening… Dec 17th cruise returning one day early. 

I called Royal this morning about our Dec 11-17 and they said it is sailing as planned with no early return. Of course that could change anytime. 

19 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

It’s too bad they are telling people conflicting information about the Dec 17th cruise. But it seems the official e:mail may be what is actually happening… Dec 17th cruise returning one day early. 

I called Royal this morning about our Dec 11-17 and they said it is sailing as planned with no early return. Of course that could change anytime. 

It is all confusing for sure. We are still waiting to get all our information from the Travel Agent to see what the paperwork says. She verbally said our cruise was now Dec 16-23, but obviously the folks above have heard we're just getting shortened by one day. Hopefully our reservations will be updated by Royal today so we can see what we're actually doing. 

Now to add to the confusion, I just logged in to Royal's website and the cruise is back on my Upcoming cruise list.  Claims to be from 12/17 - 12/24 and they are still selling "excursions" for Coco Cay.  I don't overly believe this is what is happening especially since if I try a mock booking, the cruise doesn't show up at all and there is another cruise starting 12/23.  All I can say is that these changes have been handled very poorly.  By the way, I still have not received any official notice/email from Royal.