Excursion Waitlist

Xerxes10

We are new to Seabourn, although not new to cruising. We are going on the Quest Fall Foliage trip, leaving NYC on Oct 16th. That's six months away. One of the excursions we'd like to go on is shown as waitlist. My questions: do the waitlist excursions generally clear? Does Seabourn run a second section if there is a lot of interest in a certain excursion?

I definitely think it’s worth adding your names to the waitlist. Sometimes, spaces open up and that could well happen given that your cruise isn’t until October. Also, Seabourn often adds additional sections for high-interest excursions.  

As a backup, you might want to research whether it’s possible to book an independent tour that’s similar to the Seabourn offering that interests you. 

good luck!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Xerxes10 said:

My questions: do the waitlist excursions generally clear? Does Seabourn run a second section if there is a lot of interest in a certain excursion?

Yes, and yes.

Edited by sfvoyage

I have found that some people will book several, often conflicting, excursions months in advance. They make their choice closer to the cruise date and then cancel the ones they don't want, opening up to the waitlist.

1 hour ago, Dusko said:

I have found that some people will book several, often conflicting, excursions months in advance. They make their choice closer to the cruise date and then cancel the ones they don't want, opening up to the waitlist.

Are these the same people who hog lounges around the pool and don’t show up until after lunch and often not at all?

19 hours ago, toseaornottosea said:

Are these the same people who hog lounges around the pool and don’t show up until after lunch and often not at all?

Quite possibly, though with the excursions they must pay up front and then get refunds. Presumably they have idle cash. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

they are using external contractors for all excursions. Just google the name of the excursion and you can likely find the exact same excursion and you can usually book it at as a private tour which means no big tour buses and big groups. If you list the excursion I am sure we can direct you to an alternative source.