Carib Beer

JStonie

We found a terrific beer on our Serenade of the Seas cruise, Carib. Does anyone know if that beer can be shipped to Texas? I have been unable to find it near Dallas. Surely some of you Texans on here love the taste. Thanks for any help.:D :D

That is great beer with a hint of lime already in it. It is made in Trinidad. Another beer I wish I could find here is Piton which is made in St. Lucia. The taste so crisp and fresh. I had it on an excursion boat and it was wonderful as a breakfast beverage. Wish I could get it here.

JStonie,

It seems like it is impossible to find Caribbean beers in the Metroplex. After a cruise years ago, I searched all over for Banks Beer (from Barbados) and could never find it. Same goes for Kalik Beer (from the Bahamas). I don't know if it is due to bizarre liquor laws in Texas, or because we are not along the Eastern seaboard.

Good luck.

I'm not sure if the liquor law changes effected all types of alcohol or just wine. I believe that there was a big push from the wine lobbyists to let vineyards ship wine out of state (via the mail), but I don't know if the new laws relaxed the restrictions on bringing liquor or beer into the state (via the mail).

Next time I go into a liquor store, I'll be sure to check and see if they have Carib in the cooler.

Carib is a great beer and the liquor store near me sells it.

I'm also having issues finding certain beers. I love Kilkenny and can only get it in Bermuda. It pours like Guinness but has a lighter taste to it. I asked every liquor store by me and Guinness will not export it to the US.

I had Kalik in the Bahamas and that was very good as well. Can't find that in NJ either.

Ringoes (Norwegian) is another good beer that I had at EPCOT and can't get it here due to issues with the distributor.

Stingray Beer.. Grand Cayman doesn't export it.

What us beer lovers go through to try and find our favorite beer!

We just purchased some Carib in a local specialty store in Cincinnati, OH. So yes it's available in the Midwest. It was perfect for us to take to a beer tasting party, since we like to cruise & drink beer. Here is the webiste of the place we purchased it http://www.junglejims.com/.

Good luck on your search.

Well, I guess that family is going to Kings Island this year for a summer weekend with a little sidetrip to Jungle Jims on the way home.

Got an e-mail today from Jungle Jims and they said they have no way to ship Carib to Texas. I will keep looking. I should have bought a case back from St. Thomas, but it would have been difficult with all of my luggage. :p :p

JStonie,

According to the Majestic website they have several Carib products. Below is the link for Majestic's Carib page. If you click on one of the products it will take you to a page that has the various stores that (supposedly) carry the beer. Let me know if you have any luck.

http://www.majesticliquors.com/products/beers/search.php?subdeptID=&prod=carib

Thanks for that website, but I called each of the stores in the Dallas area and as luck would have it, there is none to be had. One store said they would see the distributor next week and see if he can special order it. Thanks for trying. That is the best lead I have had.:confused:

I was looking at the following site and found this link - http://www2.gobeach.com/sxm/read.php?1,29604,32560#msg-32560

It looks like somebody was able to find the beer at Goody Goody in Dallas in 2003. It also looks like someone from the distributor stated that the beer wasn't licensed to be sold in Texas.

I was looking at the following site and found this link - http://www2.gobeach.com/sxm/read.php?1,29604,32560#msg-32560

It looks like somebody was able to find the beer at Goody Goody in Dallas in 2003. It also looks like someone from the distributor stated that the beer wasn't licensed to be sold in Texas.

Wow, Guinness67, that was great reading. I went to World Market today and was told by a distributor that it would take about 8 months to get the beer licensed here in Texas. He said it would be more trouble than it is worth. I did find a case of Sol Beer from Mexico there that was also very good. We had some in a little bar in San Juan. Guess I will settle for that until I get back to the islands. Thanks for your help and research. If you find anything about Carib, please let me know. My e-mail address is Stonie1942@Aol.Com. Thanks again.

I emailed Carib and here's the response from them.

The following is the complete list of the states in which Carib

products are

licensed to be sold in US. Unfortunately, these products cannot be

purchased

in other states. For retailer information, please contact the

distributor

closest to your area. For more details, please call our Reg. Sales Mgr:

Bob

Gerak 203-268-3876 for the northeast , or Nigel Lobo 727-543-8180 for

Florida.

Thank you for your interest in Carib.

CT (East area) - Franklin Distributing Co. (860) 528-9138