Question about dining on the Glory

toadsister

Hi everyone,

I just have a question about dining on the Glory. My family and I have cruised a few times and have always had our evening meal in the dining rooms...my question is...what type of food is served in the Red Sail in the evening on the Glory? Would we find selections similar to the buffet lunch meal or would it be closer to what is offered for dinner in the main dining room? Thank you in advance for any information. I appreciate it!

Wendy

Carnival Glory !! May 29, 2004! Can't wait!

Carnival Pride 2003

Enchantment 2002

Explorer 2001

Dawn Princess 2000

Dawn Princess 1999

Majesty 1998

Carnival Ecstasy 1995

Hiya Toadsister we will be cruising with you..great question can't wait to hear what they are offering!! Cya onboard!

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

Caribbean Princess Oct 23 2004

The lunch and dinner in the red sail are similar in type and quality of food. We thought it was far superior to the buffets on our previous cruises. The formal dining, while also very good, was not much better, if at all, than the formal dining on our other cruises. That said, we only ate dinner in the formal dining room 4 nights out of 7 and did not feel that we were missing out at all.

Jubilee..May 2002

Sensation...May 2003

Glory...April 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Just back from the Glory last week. The Red Sail is very nice, and actually has a distinct atmosphere in contrast to the previous Lido deck restaurants we've had. There is some variation from lunch to dinner and although the food is good for buffet food, I personally didn't think it was quite comparable to the dining room food.

Was on the GLORY in October.

I thought the RED SAIL was superb. I've never seen a lido deck buffet like this. I had all my meals here except evening dinner, so I can't comment on whether the RED SAIL food was the same. It sure was good with a multitude of choices. I was really impressed.

Live well, love much, laugh often.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Thanks so much to everyone who has replied so far! Cyt4soreyes...I hope you have a wonderful cruise....counting down the days now!! Would love to hear more comments on Glory dining! Thanks.

Wendy

Carnival Glory !! May 29, 2004! Can't wait!

Carnival Pride 2003

Enchantment 2002

Explorer 2001

Dawn Princess 2000

Dawn Princess 1999

Majesty 1998

Carnival Ecstasy 1995

Thank you ToadSister, We wish you the same!! After reading the comments on the food so far I am so excited to get onbaord and try some of that good food!! icon_smile.gif

10 More days WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

HeHeHeHe..you are so right..he did fall asleep everynight at the table poor thing was wore out. I have placed a nap time for him on this cruise so he will be wide awake to enjoy all the great food!!

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

Archived