Amount Due changing?

samplecd02

Have a close look at the invoice, and the online calculation to make sure you have paid the correct balance.

If I paid the balance they show on our cruise right now I'd actually still owe them money as they have made a mistake in relation to the included gratuities, similarly on our last cruise they also made mistakes which once corrected, post-final payment, caused the balance to go up again even though it had been zero...

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

Have a close look at the invoice, and the online calculation to make sure you have paid the correct balance.

If I paid the balance they show on our cruise right now I'd actually still owe them money as they have made a mistake in relation to the included gratuities, similarly on our last cruise they also made mistakes which once corrected, post-final payment, caused the balance to go up again even though it had been zero...

I looked at the invoice from 05/18 and the amount due matches the amount paid.

I had that problem. I called and had it “fixed” twice but each time the balance would reappear the next day….ugh! Finally insisted that they had a bug in their system and it took ages and several people to fix permanently. Something about “double tipping” “needing another code” “system bug”…they ended up manually overriding the thing. Feel like I spent more than a day of my life on hold! 😣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the same problem, I make the final payment on May 13, my invoice says that the balance is 0, but in my account/manage reservation it says that I owe $XYZ, this amount is a tour canceled on May 11, my debt is Zero, celebrity owes me the value of the canceled shore excursion.

Edited by gerelmx

4 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I have the same problem, Make final payment on May 13, my Invoice says balance is 0, but in my account/manage reservation says that i due $XYZ, this amount it's a cancelled excursion on May 11

Mine is not a cancelled excursion. I am on with X customer service right now and she says its because they charged me for the drink package (I am in a suite) and she is having it reversed.

Edit- Just confirmed it is reversed and back to a $0 balance. Just reminds me I have to "babysit" my reservation  to be sure no more weird charges show up.

Edited by samplecd02
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

Just reminds me I have to "babysit" my reservation  to be sure no more weird charges show up.

Sadly true...

I tend to check the balance frequently as all too often there is a disconnect somewhere causing issues and although it is usually easy to get it fixed, I'm not enjoying the hour long phone queues right now...

• Like 1

We had that happen and it was where they had added in tips even though tips were included in the original price.  We called and they corrected the issue but it does make one wonder how many people are paying the overcharged amount and not even noticing.   

• Like 1

My invoice has air fare listed, even though it's been paid with Flights by Celebrity (through a combination of air credit and extra amount due to difference in fare ).   I've talked with FBC (4 months ago), my TA has been promised by them (2 months ago) that it will be taken care of, and it's still there, with final payment due in mid-June.  Frustrating!

If you completely pay for your cruise and the free perks have not been added to your calendar, your balance will fluctuate for a few days while they add the perk to your booking and then credit you for it.    I have a cruise for july 3 that was paid at time of booking and for the next week while they added my perks my balance would bounce from positive to negative, but in the end it remained at 0.    It depends if you are checking your ballance in between their entries

• Thanks 1