Bliss vs Joy Haven

Salf777

Ok looking to do Panama Canal and see offerings on Bliss and Joy that I like

Has anyone sailed on both?

which is better? I know that’s subjective so pros and cons of each. 
my thought is the Bliss looks just amazing (have done the escape and encore personally) So I love what I have seen of the Bliss but the Joy has a 10 day itinerary that might work better for me than the 15 day on the Bliss

think they are somewhat similar, have been on the Joy ,  would suggest getting a cabin on the deck the observation lounge is located, 15 I think??  Also have been on the Bliss, fortunate to be in the Haven. not sure which entertainment is available on the two Sister Ships lately, but that may be a factor for you.  Sure you will enjoy either!!!  

• Haha 1

I've been on both ships (though not in The Haven so talking more general here).  The ships are more similar than different.  While in different places, both ships have most of the same venues.  If a thermal spa is desired, sail on the Bliss as the Joy doesn't have one.

The Joy had Footloose and Elements as the theater shows in March, both were good.  Bliss still has Jersey Boys and I hear SIX eventually returns (also good shows).

• Haha 1

I have not been on the Joy, but the Haven on the Bliss in April was beyond amazing for us.

Beautiful Haven indoor observation lounge (2 stories) and the pool area was large and well appointed. Really nice Haven upper deck with viewing seats up high with a bar to  Service was impeccable in the bar and the restaurant. Our butler was the best ever, but he gets off in a few days for some time at home 🙂 We had a penthouse suite and really enjoyed the separate living room area from the bedroom, not a huge balcony but could fit a few people with chairs and a table just fine.

• Like 1

Are they both going to be full lock cruises, or is the Joy being a 10 day a partial lock? 

I too am looking at the Panama Canal and trying to decide the Bliss or the Joy. Im hoping to do a full canal cruise sometime in Dec 2022; Jan - Feb 2023 or whenever the best deal is in place. 

15 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Are they both going to be full lock cruises, or is the Joy being a 10 day a partial lock? 

I too am looking at the Panama Canal and trying to decide the Bliss or the Joy. Im hoping to do a full canal cruise sometime in Dec 2022; Jan - Feb 2023 or whenever the best deal is in place. 

Hi we are passing on the Joy. I’m imagining it’s not a full lock it’s doin Great Stirrup Cay and some Islands like Roatan and Harvast Cay don’t want to do all that again so will do the 15 day on the Bliss which is also basically available on the Joy as well

• Like 1

We're booked on a 15 day Panama canal trip on the Joy in February 2023. So the itinerary is out there for a full traverse (LA - Miami) if the Joy is the ship you prefer. It was also significantly cheaper than the Bliss last time I checked. Just saying...

• Like 1