Going from Fusina Port into Venice at end of cruise

Msgolferfhcc

We are spending extra time in Venice on our own with another couple at the end of our Sept cruise. Looking for best way to get from Fusina port to hotel (near Ferrovia stop on canal). Ferry 16/5.2 takes about an hour at 16E or taxi at maybe less and definitely less time. We think the ferry would be fun and sightseeing but taxi could be half the time. Has anyone done either? 

2 hours ago, Msgolferfhcc said:

We are spending extra time in Venice on our own with another couple at the end of our Sept cruise. Looking for best way to get from Fusina port to hotel (near Ferrovia stop on canal). Ferry 16/5.2 takes about an hour at 16E or taxi at maybe less and definitely less time. We think the ferry would be fun and sightseeing but taxi could be half the time. Has anyone done either? 

I don’t think there is a  ferry from Fusina, nor do I think they’ll let a taxi pick you up there. We were there in March, and my understanding was that you have to go into the cruise terminal and be transported from there.

But things may have changed since then. 

• Like 1

Longterm is correct.  Viking will transport you to the Venice Cruise terminal and from there you get go on your own.  No facilities at Fusina and security is tight even for busses.  We just concluded post cruise stay in Venice and board our flight in a few minutes 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Any idea how long to allow to get off ship and get transported from  Fusina to Venice cruise terminal. After the cruise we are taking a train from venice to Bologna to spend a few days.

I want to book train tickets but not sure what time to book them for- want to allow enough time to get there from cruise