Just off the Mardi Gras

We just returned from our cruise on the ship.

EMBARKIING: This went very smoothly. We used verifly. The only snag was once we go up to the top and into the waiting room there were hoards of people directed to a waiting area. People who had check in times for 12:30 and later were in the room. We had a check in for 10:00. There was a person on a speaker (who no one could hear) which caused a bit of a rumble as no one was sure if they were calling zones but no one could hear. When anyone went up to ask they were rudely told to go sit down. All they had to do was to put the announcements on the TVs displayed in the area which would have gone a long way in keeping things running smooth.

ROOM:  We were very pleased with the inside cabin room. Very large compaired to the other smaller ships. Very nice decor. Loved the shower. We love it.
Dinner Service: We never once waited in line or to be served. The food was great, service was just as good as always.
Crowds: 6,000 people on board, not once was it crowded, always able to find seating. Never waited in lines. IT was great!

PEOPLE: I have to say we have cruised alot with carnival and the passengers on the ship were the most friendly, easy going people we have ever sailed with. This has not always been the case on some cruises. I think people were just glad to be back on the ocean and cruising again.

SHIP: This ship is very large and WIDE. We felt like it we were on a hotel rather than on a ship. Overall very impressed!

ENTERTAINMENT: We were disappointed. I expected more. But we were in a minority as MOST people loved the shows.

Ports; getting off/on was a breeze. Wonderful! We did not have to wear masks at all.

Debarking: Quick and efficient.

Cruise Director: He was not on the speaker annoying people with interuptions. Very nice fellow.

Diamond; Lunch. Was awesome

We were very pleased with this cruise. We went on this ship for the ship itself. We usually pick the cruise for the destination. We will go on it again if they move it to other ports.

Elevators: I know some have posted about people being rude and jumping in front of others. We did not experience this. In fact, most times, we had very pleasant conversations on the way up or down with people.

COVID: We are in good health. Although on the last day we had to move several times from people who came to sit near us and were coughing. It made me a little uneasy that they were obviously not feeling well and they were out and about. But in their defense how do you know if it looks like a cold, feels like a cold and the symptoms are the same.... how are you to know if it is Covid? We bought a home test with us and thankfully we did not have to use. it.

BIGGEST SURPRISE to me was the nice, polite people on board who appreciated the chance to be out cruising again.

AIRPORT: GETTING HOME was a nightmare. Bad weather delayed constantly our departure time. We finally get on the
plane getting ready to taxi out when our pilots informed us they ran out of time and they were being called back to the terminal as the time they were allowed to fly had met the limit. We spent the night in the airport. Oh boy! On the flip side we met some really nice people (Alot of them!) to share the experience with. We received a 300. voucher each from Southwest, then came home to find an additonal 250 voucher from Southwest corporate. That made trying to sleep in an icy cold airport in a chair a bit more easier. Although we do not want to get back on a plane anytime soon.

Comment

Edited by MikeandLinda2010
Additional comments
  • Like 11

I was on the same cruise.  I agree with your comments.  I also had a 10 am arrival appointment and no one cared but at least, my A01 Boarding Group was checked.  Never ate in the main dining room, too many other options.  Liked Emeril's better than Rudi's.  The Diamond lunch was nice. The Platinum/Diamond Party was a waste of 30 minutes.  

Some stores in Puerto Rico required masks to enter but easy enough to spend my money elsewhere.  I didn't bother getting off at Grand Turk after an early riser said  masks and proof of vax were being required in some port shops. 

Debark was a cluster when everyone with luggage was invited to go at once.  Having only ramps inside the terminal was great.

Highlight was seeing the rocket launch!

Never did completely figure out the deck plans so I guess I will need to go back!

• Like 2

I agree with your comment about the announcements of the boarding groups.  Why they don’t put them on the TV screens instead of running ads for a ship you’ve already signed up for is ludicrous and it’s frustrating to guests.  

I’m still mystified why, with this new building, it’s such a cluster.  In January, we also  had a 10:00 time and when we walked in the doors, we had to sit in the very back row.   Couldn’t hear anything.  Finally people started shouting the group numbers immediately after the carnival employee did. 

Does anyone know when or if Plats will be let in that separate room with the nice furniture where the suite guests go?   Maybe that’s gone forever?  

11 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

I agree with your comment about the announcements of the boarding groups.  Why they don’t put them on the TV screens instead of running ads for a ship you’ve already signed up for is ludicrous and it’s frustrating to guests.  

I’m still mystified why, with this new building, it’s such a cluster.  In January, we also  had a 10:00 time and when we walked in the doors, we had to sit in the very back row.   Couldn’t hear anything.  Finally people started shouting the group numbers immediately after the carnival employee did. 

Does anyone know when or if Plats will be let in that separate room with the nice furniture where the suite guests go?   Maybe that’s gone forever?  

I doubt that it will be for anything less than Suites.  Funny how no one without a suite gets past that door guard.  

• Like 1