Rhapsody March 19 should we do it?

JSR

Hi

We just found out we have to be out of our house due to renovations. One of the weeks we have to be out is our DD (age 10) spring break. ( We had booked on the Mariner but canceled right before final payment because we were not sure we could leave the renovatios but now we can because of what is scheduled for that week)

The only crusie I could find that had a w/c cabin which we need was on the Rhapsody on March 19.

There are only 4 people signed up on the M&M and only 4 posts on the Rhapsody 3/19 thread. It sounds like it is going to be a college break cruise. Which is OK.

This will be the first time in many crusies where we have no CC friends to say hello to or for our daughter to play with. I was suprised that this bothered me but it sorta does.

We have been on the Granduer one of the sister ships to Rapsody. We loved her but that was 1999 when she was new.

The good thing is the price is great for a JS.

Should we go for it?

Thanks for the input

Jean

Jean,

We think it will be a great cruise. We along with our three daughters, 18, 15, and 11 can't wait. We have two adjoining JS. We haven't signed up for a meet and mingle because until recently there weren't any posters for that week. We have had reservations since July 05 while on the Empress of the Seas. We started with adjoining D1 but due to price drops we now have the JS. Maybe we will see you in three weeks on the Rhapsody.

It is exciting to know there is another family going.

Does your 11 year old like to swim? Go to the kids club? Would she be interested in meeting a 10 1/2 year old?

I know what you mean about the price. I could not believe it. We had booked the Mariner almost a year ago and this is almost 2000 less and closer to us.

Where are you from?

Jean

Hi! My family is the one with the three boys, aged 11 (March 2nd), 13 and 17 (as of March 24th). My wife posted the earlier M&M messsage since she is our social chairwoman.:)

This will be our first family cruise. I originally was looking for a cruise for my wife and I to celebrate our 20th anniversary. When the price dropped on the Rhapsody we decided to take our boys as well. We'll do something special for ourselves later. My wife and I have two previous cruises but the last one was 1990!

Since I am new to this board I'm not sure of the process to set up a M&M. Anyone know the process or is it just meeting at a pre-determined place and time?

Jean,

Yes my 11 year old loves to swim. This will be her first cruise so I am not sure about the Kids club. She is excited to go though. We are from Razorback country (Northwest Arkansas) and are loving what our BB Hogs are doing right now. We do have early seating since we booked so far in advance. I am glad to hear that there are others going as well. We thought for the longest time that she would be half empty but it looks like the cabins are starting to fill up finally. How many do we need to have a Meet and Mingle?

scotts8826- We should all sign up for the RCL M&M who knows there maybe enough of use. Between you, rzrbck and us that is 18 people. There are already 4 signed up so that would be 21. We would only need 4 more.

On previous cruises we have always set up a meeting the first day on the ship with the CC people we meet. Sometimes at sail away sometimes in a bar before dinner. When is your dinner?

We also exchange cabins numbers either online or via email.

This will be our 7th cruise and same for our daughter. Our daughter loves the kids club.

We have late seating which is our preference. We have only done early seating once and it was not for us. Our daughter does not always eat with us depending on what else is going on or the mix at our table. Last cruise there were no other kids at our table but there we 2 twenty somethings with thier mom and grandma and our DD thought she was part of their family and never missed a meal.

Anyone interested in going in on a horse if there is a race?

Anyone up for doing Quest?

Well, I have an hour or so before my meeting so I am going to try to find air and hotel etc. We live outside of Albuquerque and it is just a little too far for us to drive.

Jean

I thought my wife signed us up for the M&M but perhaps she just did an inquiry on it. I will have us signed up in the next day or so. My MIL is also going with us so we will actually be a party of 6!

We reserved the early seating for dinner. Our boys enjoy live entertainment (2 of them have been involved with theater) so we wanted to be available for the shows after dinner.

I'm not sure what the horserace or quest is. Looks like I still need to do some searches on the forum.:)

I will sign up tomorrow when I get my booking ID number from my TA. We are 3.

scotts8826- Nice to hear your boys are into theatre. I have been in the theatre biz for 30 years. Yikes did I admit that. Actually I am scrambling to get next year's season together (or at least my part of it this week).

Horse Race- The horses are on sticks and there are races which you can bet on. The horses are auctioned off and you can own one for the big race. The can go from $50-$600. Whichever horse wins the big race wins the pot. The horses are usually owned by consortiums. We have done this with another CC group. We did not win the big pot but did win best decorated horse. The prize was a bottle of cheap champagne which we drank together on the deck after the race. If you want to see pics drop me a line Rtravel@aol.com.

Quest- This is an adult only activity which is a blast. The less you know the more fun it is. It is an unwritten CC rule not to say to much so as not to take away from the experience. I will tell you it is soooo much fun.

Should we move over to the thread on the Roll Call board?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...4&goto=newpost

Jean

Archived