Port Canaveral

tammar

We are planning on going on the Glory. We have never sailed out of Port Canaveral and are planning on spending the night before the cruise there.

Can anyone give me any information they have about the area.

thank you very much.

I found a lot of onfo on the hotel Pre/Post Cruise message board. I also read reviews on all the boards pertaining to ships that sailed out of Port Canaveral.

Personally, we decided to simply stay in Orlando at the Hyatt right in the airport. We did not arrive until later Friday afternoon and this was the most conveinent for us - especially since we were able to use Hyatt points for the stay. We took the shuttle right from the airport to the pier on Sat morn with no hassles at all and we were on the ship by noon.

Rent a car from Budget. Stay at the Radisson Resort at the Port.

You can pick up the car at the airport and drop off by the Radisson. They will shuttle you to the ship.

The Radisson has a huge pool. Nice restaraunt. And the King Jacuzzi Suite was awesome.

Last year I paid $53 for a mini-van (we had 5 people) and $169 for the suite that included a big, hot, buffet breakfast.

Port Canaveral is easy to get around and their is plenty of shopping nearby.

Good Cruising.

Okay, here's a little different question. We don't mind paying extra to stay at the Radisson, BUT. . . . How often does the shuttle run to the pier? First, we'll be early birds on the morning of embarkation - we don't mind waiting in a line to get on. However, I'm most concerned about when we disembark - I don't want to have to wait too long to get back to my car at the Radisson. Any information will be appreciated.

You can make a reservation with the Radisson prior to your arrival to take the shuttle to the pier. When we got off the Fantasy in July we only had a very short wait (maybe 10 minutes) and the van was there to pick us up.

The Radisson is the closest hotel to the port, maybe 2-3 miles so the wait is not long at all. The driver told us where to wait when we got off the ship and it was no problem at all.

You can make a reservation with the Radisson prior to your arrival to take the shuttle to the pier. When we got off the Fantasy in July we only had a very short wait (maybe 10 minutes) and the van was there to pick us up.

The Radisson is the closest hotel to the port, maybe 2-3 miles so the wait is not long at all. The driver told us where to wait when we got off the ship and it was no problem at all.

The Residence Inn opening March 2006 will now be the closest hotel to Port Canaveral. They are taking reservations now for $135 a night. Full hot breakfast included for all guests. I'm still looking for photos of this new hotel, but nothing on the web on this yet.

any one stay at the hampton inn in cocoa beach. says they have a shuttle to port and includes a hot breakfast.

I always read good things about the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach. I am leaning toward booking with them mostly because they won't be "crazy" on port days with their shuttles. I always read that the closer you are to the ship, the more workload that hotel has to get their guests to the port on cruise day.

The Residence Inn opening March 2006 will now be the closest hotel to Port Canaveral. They are taking reservations now for $135 a night. Full hot breakfast included for all guests. I'm still looking for photos of this new hotel, but nothing on the web on this yet.

I reserved rooms at the Residence for a gov't rate of $98/room which includes a hot breakfast. Since we're driving down, I don't want to bother with the shuttles as someone else pointed out, the mad rush. We'll just park at the port and pay the $12/day.

I reserved rooms at the Residence for a gov't rate of $98/room which includes a hot breakfast. Since we're driving down, I don't want to bother with the shuttles as someone else pointed out, the mad rush. We'll just park at the port and pay the $12/day.

Ok.....stupid question......what is a "gov't" rate and how do I get one? That's a great rate for the Residence Inn!!

Thanks for the tip. :) We've booked the Radisson pre-cruise and the Residence Inn post cruise for a little different flavor!!

I just booked the Residence for 2 nights - a two bedroom suite for $149/night (there are 5 of us) including full hot breakfast and shuttle to the pier. I've stayed in other Residence Inns in other cities and love them, and this one is brand new!

We (family of 4) stayed at the newly renovated Hilton in Cocoa Beach for around $75 a night through easy click travel. (Two queen beds, ocean front Dec 2005). Called Checker cab for transport to the pier. They sent an (older) limosine! Total charge....$10! And a good time was had by all!

gpost asked about the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. I stayed there in Nov. 2004 (not for a cruise) and thought it was a great hotel. Not on the beach but an easy walk down a sandy lane to the beach. Check out the reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ The Hampton is up there on the list of most popular. The only down side I've read is about folks having issues with the stay and cruise packages but I haven't read the tripadvisor reviews since 2004.

-Dan

Archived