NCL Free Ferry and are Pedal Bikes allowed?

Buford T Justiice

20 hours ago, Buford T Justiice said:

Does anyone know if pedal bikes are allowed on NCL's Free Ferry to St. George's?

Thank you,

My experience is from three years ago and it would seem very impractical.  The ferry was docked right alongside the ship and set up to walk onto pretty much directly.  Assuming you were renting the bike, you would have to go out to the dockyard and bring it back and then maneuver it onboard somehow (and if you're on a larger ship, the ferry will be pretty full).

The public ferry allowed them (I did that from Hamilton to the Dockyard) and there used to be bike rentals available in St. George's.  At least pre-covid.

1 hour ago, kernie968 said:

Does anyone have the 2022 NCL free ferry schedule?    We will be there the 1st week in November on the Joy. The pay ferry stops 10/31 will the free ferry still run?

They normally distribute the ferry schedule on the ship because it differs depending on your cruise's exact itinerary.

Since NCL ships will still  be doing a significant number of Bermuda cruises in November my assumption is that they will still be operating the ferry.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

They normally distribute the ferry schedule on the ship because it differs depending on your cruise's exact itinerary.

Since NCL ships will still  be doing a significant number of Bermuda cruises in November my assumption is that they will still be operating the ferry.

And on my past trip I think there were only two round trips per day.  Be prepared to return on the public ferry if you need to be flexible.

12 hours ago, billslowsky said:

My experience is from three years ago and it would seem very impractical.  The ferry was docked right alongside the ship and set up to walk onto pretty much directly.  Assuming you were renting the bike, you would have to go out to the dockyard and bring it back and then maneuver it onboard somehow (and if you're on a larger ship, the ferry will be pretty full).

The public ferry allowed them (I did that from Hamilton to the Dockyard) and there used to be bike rentals available in St. George's.  At least pre-covid.

Thank you. Yes we're renting bikes for three days and will keep them where the scooters are kept.